Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Conversion Guidelines

Re: FASA/LUG/CODA Converter

Originally posted by Darth Sarcastic
    I have thrown together (in Excel) a FASA to CODA/LUG to CODA converter. I pieced it together using the official LUG to CODA rules provided by Don Mappin. The FASA converter was born out of one of the many threads here and a little bit o'math. For the moment, I don't have a homepage or anything to link it to. I can however email it out to those who'd like to give it a try.

-Darth Sarcastic
    I would like a copy, please.

Randy Bisig
    olympus_mons@mac.com
    ~~~randy~~>

Artistic Expression

What would be the best way to convert the ICON Artistic Expression skill to CODA?

The conversion guidelines show Craft as the corresponding CODA skill, but there are a lot of Artistic Expression specializations that would fall under Entertain in CODA.
    How do you split the skill when, for example you convert an ICON character with Artistic Expression (Cooking)(Dance) 2(3)(5)?
    Does that become Craft: Cooking and Entertain: Dance at level 3 each (2 for the base skill and +1 for the specialization) or does anyone have another suggestion?

I would actually give them Craft: Cooking and Entertain: Dancing at 4 each. But that's me.

Just like if you had Unarmed Combat (Starfleet Martial Arts)(Aikido) at 3(4)(5). They would convert to Unarmed Combat: Starfleet Martial Arts 5 and Unarmed Combat: Aikido 5.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    I would actually give them Craft: Cooking and Entertain: Dancing at 4 each. But that's me.
    Oh, I think that will be me as well.

Thanks for being so fast with the answer Doug.

Just trying to help.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Re: FASA->LUG->CODA Conversion

Originally posted by Maltese_Falcon
    I'm converting some of my old FASA characters/adventures and I already have the FASA->LUG conversion sheet. Can anyone point me to a LUG->CODA conversion sheet, if such an animal exists? Thanks.

-M_F
    I've got one of those LUG->CODA excel sheets. Give me an email address (PM-ed or otherwise) and I'll send you my latest. It will also convert FASA->CODA.

-Darth Sarcastic
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Question Your Opinions Please

How good is this system for going in reverse?

I'm considering buying all the DecTrek materials and converting it all back to ICON. How difficult do you think this would be? Has anyone tried it?

AndorMan
    Protecting Andor from the Scum of the Universe

Re: Your Opinions Please

Originally posted by AndorMan
    How good is this system for going in reverse?

I'm considering buying all the DecTrek materials and converting it all back to ICON. How difficult do you think this would be? Has anyone tried it?

AndorMan
    Protecting Andor from the Scum of the Universe
    No offense, but I can't even conceive of wanting to do that. DecTrek is a faster-moving system that captures the feel of Trek even better than ICON did. The ship combat system is a lot better, you can design ships with something a little more precise than the eyeball method we used back before Spacedock came out (and it's easier to use than Spacedock) and the game has a wider scope.

YMMV, of course.

Allen

LUG Telekinesis Skill to CODA

My Narrator found a book reference to this in the Narrator's Guide. Under Traits for New Entities (critters, as I call them), there is a listing for an Edge called Psychokinesis. Likewise, another Tier 3 Adept Professional skill "Prophetic Sight" incorporaties "Visions", "Farseeing", and "Precognition". It takes a little looking around, but Psionicists will be achieving conversions.
    "Some men see things as they are and say "Why?" Others dream things that never were and say "Why Not?"" -- George Bernard Shaw

When i try to open the file it gives me an embedded font error, and alot of the characters are missing. I'm using the full acrobat 5.05

Unhappy Me Too

Originally posted by IceGiant
    When i try to open the file it gives me an embedded font error, and alot of the characters are missing. I'm using the full acrobat 5.05
    I have the same problem with the same Acrobat version! And I need to convert one of my players characters soon...

Bad download.

I am getting the same error as well. can someone email me the conversion file at cd.damant@rogers.com ????? Please please with Seven of Nine on top?

Re: Me Too

Originally posted by AlexAbel
    I have the same problem with the same Acrobat version! And I need to convert one of my players characters soon...

I've tried from a number of different location and networks over the last few days and the download is bad. I find that pages 1,4,10 and 11 are bad (print nothing). Can anyone help?

Update - 30/09/2002
    Since my post I have looked at the other pages and there are words and whole paragraghs missing. I had convinced my players to convert. Hopefully the file will be replaced soon (or anyone can email me at novalar@optushome.com.au
    Last edited by Novalar; 09-29-2002 at 06:51 PM.

Unfortunately I still get the same problems opening the PDF file, either downloaded to my PC or opening from the net. Inbeded token problems, font problems. If some really nice person could email the correct file to me... pretty please...

novalar@optushome.com.au

Thanking in advance!
    Evil is Good. Good is Evil.
    Beware of Dark Teddy, Dark Lord of the Fuzz.

I'll re-upload the file onto the site proper.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride