Thread: Ideas for Race abilities?

Question Ideas for Race abilities?

Hi all!

With the excellent PG, I have begun gathering my stuff together for redoing my campaign.

I have a couple of problems though..... The setting I'm using is an empty area of space bordering both the Tholians and the Gorn. The Tholians haven't made much of an impact as of yet, but there's been an assassination of a Gorn diplomat onboard the player's station, and will probably lead to more interaction both in a social and martial way with the big lizards.

I'm looking for ideas for racial abilities for the Gorn.

I'm thinking something like this for the Attribute adjustments:
    strength: +3; vitality: +2; agility:-2; Intellect -1; presence -2

I don't have my book with me, but I figure a couple of edges along the lines of improvements to Health, High Pain Threshold, maybe an enhanced sense of smell.

Not sure what else they might have though...

Any suggestions out there?
    Tom

That looks OK to me, but I personally wouldn't give the Gorn a negative modifier to intellect. OK, so we haven't seen much of them, but there was nothing in their single appearance to suggest they weren't just as smart as humans.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Action before thought..

Actually, I wasn't looking at it as the Gorn being less smart, but more single-minded. They would tend to focus on one thing, then work things out later.

Kind of the typical Brute-force approach to stuff.

Tom

[edit: spelling corrections ..sigh...]