Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USS Lexington - Goodbye

My campaign was set on a mothballed-for-twenty-years Ambassador class with an Andorian captain who had lost his last ship to a Romulan ambush, and a crew scraped together from crewmen that all the other captains in Starfleet wanted off their own ships. Make them the underdogs, give them a chance to get to know each other and see how they can work together. Then throw them into the brown sticky stuff and watch them fight their way out of it.

I find this kind of campaign much more fun, interesting, and believable than TNG's perfectly happy respectable well-adjusted crew. It also seems to fit most players better than a typical plain-vanilla crew. After all, it's fun to thumb your nose at the establishment once in a while.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Well I still like my Niagara class idea, but that ship is just too freaking huge.

Unless I change the "pseudo-canon" of her and make her smalller... certainly the design looks like it could be an intermediary between Excelsior and Ambassador is actual size.

I think I will play around with that a bit and see.

So what are your ship plans, sice you've decided to make your campaign station-based? Will you have a ship, or will you limit it to runabouts and/or shuttles? Or do you have something else in mind?

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    So what are your ship plans, sice you've decided to make your campaign station-based? Will you have a ship, or will you limit it to runabouts and/or shuttles? Or do you have something else in mind?
    Not sure. I haven't really decided on the station, let's just say I am kicking that can around a bit. I may still go with a ship.

As for the station having a ship, it would be a Defiant sized one for sure