Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Son of Don's Spiffy Character Sheet

Cool

You are the Dahar Master of Character Sheets! QAPLA! I can't wait to see the two page version.

Thumbs up New Sheeeets.

I love the sheet, so far. I don't own the game yet so I have no practical advice for you but the layout looks very good, and I'm glad to see we won't have to deal with black all the time. I've created many custom sheets of my own over the years (which, eventually, I'll get around to putting up a webpage for), but I might not make one of my own for this one
    "I spake."
    "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent" - Wise words when you meet people on the street

I'd like to second TonyG's motion of a space for recording tier abilities etc.,

Smile

[sigh]

Say it with me... "Page 2, page 2, page 2..."
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

"Page 2, Page 2, Page2"

CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

I did something similar during Peter Pan with I was 6 year old, and it worked then!

Seriously Don,
    I just mentioned this stuff becuase you kept saying that you wanted "suggestions". I didn't know that it was set for page 2.
    Sorry.

OK...finally got the game and gave is a quick read through. Think we did a good job building a few characters -- sheet looks plenty useable.

Second page: psi stuff, traits, abilities need to be there, of course. I'd forgo the weapons and other stuf on the official sheet for a small history section, a la the Mad Irishman sheets.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I have not seen the book yet, have to wait another week..

I would suggest that you make the seond sheet on equivalent to the first, as it would need to pull stats from the first sheet. there might be a need for a third, but I do not hink so, as most people use either a blank sheet of paper or the back of the character sheet for that.

May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

I like the sheet, I think. I'm not totally sold on bendy colored bars all over the place, but I think I like it (if that makes sense).

I am getting a weird black bar under the star trek logo, though (and I see a flash of the words "roleplaying game" when I move the window slider...) There might be some font funkiness happening to me.

And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto the Chosen One, and he spake thusly: "Psst! Use Acrobat 5.whatever".

P.S.: Apology to pTerry for butchering his very words .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Well, the layout appears to be top notch, the color can easily be black and whitified for faster or more cartrige friendly printing, and it's much prettier than the ugly sheets WotC's been putting out for their d20 games. Here comes the 'but'.

But, and I don't know how much trouble this would be to alter, when I printed out a blank version of the sheet, it had columns of zeros all over the place. I like the idea of being able to fill in the blanks before print out, but because it's a PDF file, I can't save the character sheets on my hard drive (unless there's a trick to doing that that I am unaware of), and when I want to do the whole thing in pencil, I have to cross out a bunch of zeroes.

I don't mind the option of doing the sheet online, but I would like it to be an option. 99% of the time, my sheets are hand written rather than printed out, for easy modification. If I wanted to modify a fully printed sheet, I'd have to open up the file and change it there. But because this is a PDF file, I'd have to redo the entire sheet before printing it out.

Possible solutions I can see, not knowing anything about creating PDFs, would be to alter the code so that the forms were only autofilled if the user had filled in a blank space, having a check box that would cause it to be autofilled, or having two available sheets, one you can fill in online, and the other that is simply a static PDF image. As I said, I don't know how much trouble these would be, but hopefully something can be done.

Thanks for putting out a character sheet that's far better than any I've created.
    Danny Suton
    -Space Bum

In an earlier post, Don indicated that, once the sheet is completed, he will be providing a blank version for "print and scribble" use. (Which I do to work up a character before putting it in the form usually anyway. )
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

New Character sheet

Mah-velous!! I'm very impressed. Just looked it over. Looking forward to using it with my adventures! Keep up the good work! Can't wait until page 2 comes out, if it does (notes, etc.)

Maltese_Falcon

Don, I'd suggest moving the PSI stat onto the first page, though leaving the psionic skill stuff ont eh 2nd sheet, as per the 'official' sheet.

Where's that second sheet?
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Question bug?

I have a problem with the sheet. If I scroll the document, the images disapears and I only see the text I previously typed.

I think it's because the transparent background of the sheet.

Is there an option to deactivate the transparency?

PD: I buy the Player's Guide on Madrid (Spain) (5 days from product launch)
    Last edited by keko; 05-05-2002 at 04:32 PM.

"Solo hay 10 tipos de personas en este mundo: los que entienden binario y los que no"
    "There are only 10 types of guys in this world: those that understand binary and those that no"

- k -

Hola, keko. Welcome to the board!

John Stuart Mill