Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Son of Don's Spiffy Character Sheet

Talking thanks

thanks

if any one wants to translate anything to spanish I can help him.
    Last edited by keko; 05-06-2002 at 04:02 AM.

"Solo hay 10 tipos de personas en este mundo: los que entienden binario y los que no"
    "There are only 10 types of guys in this world: those that understand binary and those that no"

- k -

Unhappy Don's Sheet

I humbly apologise for my sub-tribble intellengence level but where can I find this great new character sheet that everyone is talking about? Where is the file?

Cheers

Character Sheet Location

go to the message number 12 of this thread.

luck!

"Solo hay 10 tipos de personas en este mundo: los que entienden binario y los que no"
    "There are only 10 types of guys in this world: those that understand binary and those that no"

- k -

Sub-tribble intelligence ... he he he. lol Now that's a sub-tle word .

Originally posted by rook111
    Tilarium, the Acrobat reader will allow you to enter and print info using a Form PDF, you just can't save it.
    Of course, if you can't save it, it's functionally worthless, too.

Page 2! Page 2! Page 2!
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Page 2! Page 2! Page 2!
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Originally posted by PGoodman13
    Of course, if you can't save it, it's functionally worthless, too.
    Saving is not a function of the sheet, but a function of the version of Acrobat you use. And even without the ability to save off characters, the form still allows you to make nice, presentable character sheets.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    Saving is not a function of the sheet, but a function of the version of Acrobat you use. And even without the ability to save off characters, the form still allows you to make nice, presentable character sheets.
    I know that, Doug. I'm really not trying to bitch as much as it might sound like, either. But if I can't save the data for the character, even if it is just because I won't shell out the money for the full version of Acrobat (a program I have no use for other than the reader, which is free), I might as well be using a pen and a legal pad.

This is not a dig at Don or the incredible amount of work he's put in on his sheet (I've done some page layout in my time, and I know how much of a pain in the butt it can be). It's just a statement that I, personally, don't find the thing of much use if I can't save the data. I'll probably stick with my tried and true method of just typing my characters up in Word, since I seldom find a lot of use for pre-madde character sheets anyway, no matter the game system.

Just one more data point on the edge of the curve somewhere.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Instead of saving the sheet, you might see if you can export the field data. If you can, then you can just feed it back in by importing it, making your changes, then exporting the data again.

Haven't tried it, since I have a full copy of Acrobat 5, but someone with the reader out there might want to see if it works. (I wouldn't hold your breath, though...)

Hey, Don, where's that second sheet? What, are you like going to work and stuff?
    Last edited by qerlin; 05-07-2002 at 09:49 AM.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Talking Nothing beats a good ole lead pencil!

I don't know about you, but for me and my players, there is a kind of almost fetishist relationship between us and a nicely laid out character sheet, a lead pencil, and, face it, a rubber .
    I mean, what's the point of having a character sheet if you can't cleanly erase things on it, then carefully write things back? That's ... what, 30% of what roleplaying is all about!
    Last edited by Calcoran; 05-07-2002 at 11:28 AM.
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

All this to say that I'm eagerly awaiting the blank version of Don's sheet .

Red face Ummm... 'xcuse me...?

Originally posted by Calcoran
    I don't know about you, but for me and my players, there is a kind of almost fetichist relationship between us and a nicely laid out character sheet, a lead pencil, and, face it, a rubber .
    Ummm... please tell me you mean the EUROPEAN definition for that!!

Hugh
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

He he he ... I <I>didn't</I> just say it was a bit akin to fetishism, did I? (oops, fetish with 's', not 'c').

Talking Blank Version

Can have a blank version of the sheet?

I love mark it with my favourite pencil and spend my time drawing my stats...

fetish?, Not fetish

- k -