Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Son of Don's Spiffy Character Sheet

Talking Son of Don's Spiffy Character Sheet

Here's the latest version. I'm going to call this 50% done.

Important change: This version is a form! You can enter your data and the form will do the math for you! I haven't had a chance (working 4 hours straight getting it to this point) to check the math. You are warned.

Let me know about any problems. I recommend Acrobat 5 for this version (and future versions).

[edit] New version below...
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Looks GREAT, Don!

I might use it, if I ever get the freakin' game in.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

That's awesome Don. You put in your stat modifier and it deplicates it all down the page.

You are the man!
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Thumbs up New Version

I updated all 280 form fields and made them slightly larger. This means your numbers will fill the boxes a bit better. I also adjusted the height to match the Swiss font so when you type in skills, they'll align nearly perfectly with the text next to them. (It's a little thing but it makes a big difference).

The sheet looks really awesome if you have the Swiss font installed on your system. (It's copyrighted, so don't ask me for it.)

Please let me know about any math problems--I haven't fully tested the fields.

[edit] New version below. Fixed a bug!
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Thumbs up

How the heck did you make that character sheet?

It looks very professional. And not only does it look, but it also does the math for you!?!

Whenever I get my Coda-Trek series going I will defiantly use this character sheet.

Good job, Don.
    Last edited by E W Dawson; 05-01-2002 at 06:08 PM.

Looks great so far. Thanks very much!!!!

Now all I need is the frelling PG. My local game store still don't have it. Not their fault really, blame goes to their distributors!!

Cool

Originally posted by E W Dawson
    How the heck did you make that character sheet?
    With a little skill, luck, some expensive programs, and a shitload of time (that I didn't have to spend).
    It looks very professional. And not only does it look, but it also does the math for you!?!
    Yea, math sucks. Anyone can scribble up a character sheet--the trick is making it do something.
    Good job, Don.
    Thank you! Glad you like it. Give me any suggestions you might have to improve it!

(Page 2 coming in the near future.)
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Nobody yell at me for this but I have to ask. Don, when the sheet is done and finished could you make have the one as it is that does the math for you and one thats blank?

Only reason I ask is that if someone does have Acrobat then the sheet is useless. I'll use myself as the example. I don't have the $150+ to buy Acrobat, the closest I have is the free reader. Because all I have is the reader I can't add info to it which means I can't add in the stat numbers and such. Because of this, the sheet is completly useless to me now. Without putting in the numbers the spot for the totals have big fat 0s in them. Sure, yes I can write next to the zero, theres plenty of room, which is what I'll probably end up doing. I thought I would ask first if it could be possible to also have one that doesn't do the math for those of us that can't afford to buy Acrobat.

Kyle...the poor collage student

Tilarium, the Acrobat reader will allow you to enter and print info using a Form PDF, you just can't save it. If you arn't able to write in the form you need to upgrade to Reader 5.x, its free just for the download.
    (insert obscure quote/snappy line here)
    rook111

Hmmm...thanks for the heads up. I have 4.0, so that might explain it. I'm DLing it now, thanks!

Kyle

Exclamation

What he said.

To anyone else who might not know how Adobe Acrobat forms work:

You do not have to own the full version of Acrobat to use this sheet and the form capability. Anyone can load the sheet, enter their data, and print the form perfectly fine. You will not, however, be able to save your data. Those that own Acrobat will be able to export and import their form data freely, though.

Exported characters take up (right now) 4 KB.

Oh, and FYI: after the sheet is done I do plan to release a non-form version that doesn't do calculations so you can just simply print out a blank sheet.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Thumbs up

New version that fixes a bug in the Willpower calculation.

[edit] New version on page 4 of this thread.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Thumbs up

Sheet rocks. 'Nuff said.

Now if I only had the full version of Acrobat I could save the info I type in!

The Character Sheet looks very nice Don. Much better than the "official" one.

Suggestions:

I'd like to see a spot to put down personal and professional development, professional abilities, edges and flaws, XPs, advacements (if CODA is going to use them for adventures then PCs will need to keep track of thier Advancements).