Thread: STAR TREK: LAKOTA Episode 2: "The Taking"

STAR TREK: LAKOTA Episode 2: "The Taking"

Okay, since it doesn't look like the PG will be arriving in my area anytime this millenium i've decided to go ahead and continue my IconTrek STAR TREK: LAKOTA game.

In the episode I'm planning, the crew is assigned, as a favor for an alien race who wants to join the Federation, to ferry the son of one of the alien senators to a Federation medical facility for treatment of a "highly contagious disease."

The crew discover that the "disease" is an affliction that is actually a psionic power and a "gift" of sorts: Whenever their passenger touches someone with psionic powers, he "steals" their psionic abilties and has the ability to use them. He is, however, totally unaware of this, and is the target of the anger of a Betazoid crewmember when he accidentally steals her empathic powers.

The climax occurs when a shipful of angry aliens shows up demanding that the crew find some way to make the passenger "give back" their psionic powers he indavertantly stole. A conflict erupts and... well, the usual things happen that happen on Star Trek when conflict erupts...

This episode is a nice idea, but it needs more things for the crew to do during it. Could any of you suggest encounters and events that could happen during the plot of this episode?

Thanks, and i'll post an after-action report after I run this episode!
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Bump.

Could I get some comments on this idea please?

Is there any by-product left when the alien steals their powers? Do they fall into a catatonic state? Do they just go on about their business minus their psi powers?

If one of the PC's has these powers it could be interesting to see how they react without their psi.

A vulcan who no longer can control their emotions, that could be violent...security teams or crew who have to deal with that.

Betazoid who can't feel things anymore possible romantic connection here.

I'll try and post more later.

Ronin84
    "The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

My one and only PC is a Vulcan. So I'm planning to have a personal connection for him in this by having his mind meld abilities "stolen" when he has to "restrain the prisoner." The people who have their abilities stolen... nothing happens except they don't have their neat telepathy or mind-meld or empathy or whatever anymore. Some species, such as Betazoids, would probably be extremely upset and maybe even become suicidal if they were suddenly cut off from their powers they had had for most of their life. Troi's reaction to losing her powers in "The Loss" is a good example.