Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Andrommeda Update

I don't watch the show, but http://www.st-hypertext.com has very good reviews of all the episodes.

Tyr's Son

I liked this twist; another subplot that was laid a while back and built upon. They threw in the Drago Musevni <sp?> corpse early on and spoke of the genetic reincarnations then being a possibility to reunite the Prides. Later we saw the reincarnation of Dylan's XO as a military leader of a basically Commonwealth planet. This planet of Dylan's crew's ancestors decided upon an isolationist mentality in view of the Mahgog threat. They decided not to join the Commonwealth. Now, in addition to protecting the remains of Drago Musevni <sp?>, Tyr is responsible for protecting this reincarnation and his son, who is now presumed dead. These new Knights enemies ought to make interesting villains in the future, if there are not enough out there already. The season finale ought to be a real KICK!
    "Some men see things as they are and say "Why?" Others dream things that never were and say "Why Not?"" -- George Bernard Shaw

Season Finale was Awesome!

The latest twist involves more references to the possible future. Trance's influence plays a key role in this week's episode. This season's finale really left some good questions open and another new more advanced enemy. Dilan really has his work cut out. New enemies two weeks in a row and both were fairly good at kicking his butt. Fortunately the Commonwealth Fleet, led by a Nietzian Admiral, intervened and ...... That was a heck of a fight!
    "Some men see things as they are and say "Why?" Others dream things that never were and say "Why Not?"" -- George Bernard Shaw

Cool

I don't watch Andromeda very often, but I have to agree,

That was a pretty good season finale.
    Scotty

Re: Re: Rev Bem

Originally posted by Karg

Actually i Havent seen any mention of this. I read an interview with Kevin Sorbo and he said "He left because he had other thing on his plate, But I think he couldn't stand the 4hr makeup sessions" -Starlog

It was a recent issue, don't remember the number. Had Dinotopia on the cover.

Karg
    It's pretty much official that Stait left because he was allergic/couldn't tolerate to the makeup. Check out http://www.slipstreamweb.com/ for more information.

spoiler space.

Interestingly, Rev Bem is slated for a guest spot next season.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Have they been putting it out on DVD yet?

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by AslanC
    Have they been putting it out on DVD yet?
    I think the short answer is "No, not yet" according to http://www.andromedatv.com/about/faq.html but I suspect it'll be "real soon now" (tm)

I believe it is due out on Region 1 DVD soon. The first 10 episodes are out on DVD in the UK already.

Just saw Michael Hurst's guest episode tonight. One of the better ones this season IMHO.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

According to Amazon the first set is out for Region 1 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...318924-7033403

Perrryyy Guest
    Simultaneous posts!

Looks like only one disk thus far. Sigh.

With the success of the Full Season Boxed sets, why they insist on doing this with Farscape and Andromeda kills me.

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    "Why didn't they test the makeup on him before production to see if there is an allergic reaction?"

They probably did. Allergies are strange things, though. You can develop an allergy after years of symptom-free exposure. It could well be that a year and a half of wearing the stuff allowed his body to hit critical mass with the allergens..
    Same thing happened to Virginia Hey over on Farscape .
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

WOOHOOO!!!

I saw a pic of Rommie at lexaonline taken while filming a third season episode. The blue wig is gone! Nietzche was wrong; God is very much alive and opposed to ugliness!
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1