Thread: FASA anyone?

Question FASA anyone?

O.K I have been poking around e-Bay for a few weeks now and one think I have noticed is there is a lot of the old FASA stuff for sale.

My question is: what is it? Some of the sellers do a very poor job of telling what the item is. Are they supplements? Or are they (as I suspect) ready made adventures?

As supplements I would not be too interested in them. Last year I purchased three FASA products out of curiosity (had never heard of FASA untill I joined you all here).

But if they are adventures. . .how easy would they transfer over to the ICON system? And if they would be usable. . .would they be worth it (decent stories, nothing too complicated, keep everyone involved in the story, ect.)?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Some of the adventures are perfect for one shot episodes Demand of Honr and Mines of Silka come to mind real quick and would not take to much work to convert. On the other hand some like Return to Axanar would be a great source for a series arc (in fact I have already started to convert Return to Axanar.) I have a sketchy plot outline for the first episode posted on my FASA to CODA E-qroup.

As to the supplements the Trader Captains and Merchant Princes remains the only trader/economic sourcebook out for Trek RPGs. It is an excellent book BTW

Trader Captains and Merchant Princes is an excellent supplement. I still use the trade rules in my Motion Picture era Triangle campaign. Which brings up another point. The Traingle Campaign sourcebook is pretty good too.

FASA brought out sone really great adventures (and some mediocre ones). I was never overly enamoured of FASA's game system, but I truly loved their adventures, and they had a good feel for the movie era, which neither ICON nor CODA have quite managed to grasp, IMHO.

Oh, and if you can get the adventure, Doomsday Like Any Other, go for it. It's a good 'un.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric R.
    Some of the adventures are perfect for one shot episodes Demand of Honr and Mines of Silka come to mind real quick and would not take to much work to convert. On the other hand some like Return to Axanar would be a great source for a series arc (in fact I have already started to convert Return to Axanar.) I have a sketchy plot outline for the first episode posted on my FASA to CODA E-qroup.

As to the supplements the Trader Captains and Merchant Princes remains the only trader/economic sourcebook out for Trek RPGs. It is an excellent book BTW
    Is there a link for the FASA to CODA E-group? I'd really be interested in seeing the revised Axanar adventure.

This might be it: FASA to CODA Project .
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting