Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome FASA Page :)

Awesome FASA Page :)

http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/stsstcsmua.html

Chek out the ship images

Great stuff this, great stuff

Be sure to check under the link for "Brad's Rants" to find an excellent military ship designation and size explanation.
    Last edited by AslanC; 05-05-2002 at 02:19 PM.

This ROCKS!

Even if it focuses exclusively on the ship combat game and not the RPG as a whole. <sigh>.
    If only I could find those rules on Klingons and honor.
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro
    We're hip-deep in alien cod footsoldiers. Define 'weird'.
    (I had this cool borg smiley here, but it was on my site and my isp seems to have eaten my site. )

I agree, very well done site. Makes me wish someone with as much concern for quality had done all the Starship Combat simulator stuff.

By the by, syone, I might be able to get you copies of my old FASA Klingon books if you want to get back to me on that.

Now, if someone just had a FASA RPG site as good as the simulator one. I'd like to see TNG conversion stuff from other people to compare with what I've come up with.

Cheers,

Monty

I have been toying with doing a FASA Trek revised system nyself.

Anyone have any thoughts on what did and did not work in FASA and what changes they would make?

The AP system reeked...did ANYONE use it?
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."

I never used the Action point system, ever. Read the rules and decided not to. It always seemed too tabeltop wargame to me the very idea and clunky geame maechanics wise too.

Monty

APs sucked the big one

But, it could be saved. Lok at the AP system in DUNE or the pseudo one in CODA.

That AP system (and the scale of the squares, 1.5 m) and a whole lot of other parts of the system were *ahem* inspired by the Traveller board games Azhanti High Lightning and Snapshot...which is understandable considering that FASA began life as a Traveller licensee.

Allen

The only time I ever used the AP system was during hand to hand combat. Other than that, it was a waste of time, and frankly rather impractical. That's one of the few things about the FASA system I don't miss. What I liked about the FASA rules was that they encouraged you to use them as you saw fit and enhance them as desired. Seems like Decipher is going a similar route, which is encouraging.

-Maltese_Falcon

I have a question for GMs who played (or play) the FASA Trek RPG game. I don't use the Action point (AP) system. When I used to run the game when I was younger I did initiative by rolling DEX and then let each person go once each round in order dtermined by the DEX check roll.

I've been dusting off my old rule books and thinking about the rules since I'm starting my campaign again and I wondered if anyone had any other ways of doing initaitve and actions in combat. For instance, how to handle multiple actions?

Just curious,

Monty

I gave them two actions. So they could draw and fire, aim & fire, take two snap shots etc.

I can't remember how I worked HTH though.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Re: Awesome FASA Page :)

Originally posted by AslanC

Chek out the ship images

Be sure to check under the link for "Brad's Rants" to find an excellent military ship designation and size explanation.
    THANKS!!!! I guess my FASA stuff might not be so obselete afterall

Re: Awesome FASA Page :)

Originally posted by AslanC

Chek out the ship images

THANKS!!!! I guess my FASA stuff might not be so obselete afterall

it is a great site but the guy is a total a-hole; go read the section about submitting ship designs, you'll understand. He takes a design submitted in good faith by someone and tears it into shreds. Sounds like a uber-ST nerd who needs to get laid.

The info on the ships is very good.

But, as was stated above the guy is a first rate dick. Did anyone read the write up he did for the Thoth-class??!! If I was Brian, I believe was the designers name, I would try to find this guy so I could give him a 2X4 attitude readjustment upside the head, then shove a hard copy of the design up his...

And his rules... Sheesh, I know he owns the site, but does he have to be such an egomaniac?