Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awesome FASA Page :)

He's a gamer guys

You may have noticed ours is not the most polite or compassionate of social circles sometimes.

Add in the Trek factor

The military nerd factor

and the Web Designer factor and you get a Anti-Social Nerd Quadruple Crown

Originally posted by AslanC
    He's a gamer guys

You may have noticed ours is not the most polite or compassionate of social circles sometimes.

Add in the Trek factor

The military nerd factor

and the Web Designer factor and you get a Anti-Social Nerd Quadruple Crown
    Yeah. You're right, but I mean really.

If you look at his <a href="http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/articles/submission_guidelines.html">submission page</a>, in point #3 you'll see that he's linked the phrase " stupid little side-on views" to an image of the Excelsior.

He's pulling that image off my site, (did he ask me? is he paying me for the bandwidth used? what do you think?) and when you look at the page that contains that image http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/excelsior.html and see it in context you realise that it's a heading and is never meant to be some cool illustration of the ship.

I've been tempted to swap the image file for something rather different...
    "And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
    "Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons
    and a full load of quantum torpedoes would be quite nice too."

Hmmm... I like the idea of an "I am a bandwidth thief" image...

Or maybe a picture of Spock laughing...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by Identity Crisis
    If you look at his <a href="http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/articles/submission_guidelines.html">submission page</a>, in point #3 you'll see that he's linked the phrase " stupid little side-on views" to an image of the Excelsior.

He's pulling that image off my site, (did he ask me? is he paying me for the bandwidth used? what do you think?) and when you look at the page that contains that image http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/excelsior.html and see it in context you realise that it's a heading and is never meant to be some cool illustration of the ship.
    Look at the source. It is entirely possible that he's pulling the image from your site and is, yes, bandwidth stealing from you.

I say you bust him man!

Take his arrogant ass down a step.

What options are available to you?

Now excuse me while I go steal images from his page just to feel better about it all

Cool

Okay, I've redirected the image so that it now points back to one of his images. Makes it look like he's screwed up the links, avoids obscenity or whatever and doesn't use any bandwidth from my server.

Nice and sneaky sir.

I applaud your effort

Okay, I've redirected the image so that it now points back to one of his images. Makes it look like he's screwed up the links, avoids obscenity or whatever and doesn't use any bandwidth from my server.
    Verry nice

Very nice.

I wonder how long it will take this mook to catch on?

You know, I'm utterly amazed by how outright hateful some of you guys are. At once you're decrying his 'geekiness' hatred, without ever actually talking to the man, and then the moment you're seeing if you can't just outdo how nasty you think he's been.

Damn, really sad.

Whoa, major bump. This thread was nearly two years old. Since then the guy in question has stopped leeching my bandwidth and now links to an image on his own server. Why drag it up again now?

Quote Originally Posted by Identity Crisis
    Whoa, major bump. This thread was nearly two years old. Since then the guy in question has stopped leeching my bandwidth and now links to an image on his own server. Why drag it up again now?
    Sorry, I got linked to it from two other sites, and didn't check the dates. :S

If everything's kosher, then that's good.

I thought it was cool to bump this thread, as an avid FASA Trek fan......without APS of course! LOL

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"