Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daedalus Plans Preview

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    We've been explaining to baby that May 16th would be a bad day to be born. How much better it would be to allow mommy and daddy one last Star Wars movie prior to their becoming parents... Estimated due date, May 28th...
    Well labour can last for hours, so if the worst happens, just ask your other half to pop some paracetamol and hold it in for a couple hours

OK, so real glad I'm not within slapping disatance of her

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I'll probably be posting the CC2 files as well, depending on available webspace. This way if someone more talented than myself wants to improve them, they can, and I'll be able to enjoy their work.

I don't think I needed to add any new symbols - I discovered that the sci-fi ship symbols available at www.profantasy.com, while not quite right for TOS or TNG Trek, looked pretty neat for a 22nd century ship. The only one I wish I had made into a symbol was the turbolift.
    Last edited by Dan Stack; 05-08-2002 at 07:30 AM.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

There are better horizons for Sci-Fi CC2 users in the future. Perhaps Imagus can tell more?

Given that I'm a poster here in my private identity (even if I do do it on company time), I try to avoid advertising our software...

However, once we make a public announcement about this particular issue, I might break my rule if Don doesn't object!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Thumbs up

Good work! Keep it up. Looking forward to the rest.

Combined with the Enterprise information in the Limited Edition, your plans are making me want to run a prequel game. Keep up the good work.
    Niners aren't linear; we're everywhere

Complete Plans online

I've uploaded the deckplans to my homepage (accessible via my sig). A few caveats...

• This is still not quite complete - consider it a version 0.9.
    • The deckplans are stored as a zipped CC2 file - when I complete them I'll polish them up as image files. Profantasy has a free CC2 viewer program for those without CC2. Just go to their homepage and look in their downloads section.
    • The plans are a little rough still without much in the way of descriptions. Top left of the sphere is deck one, to the right of that is deck 2, to the right of that is deck 3. The 2nd row begins with deck 4.
    Last edited by Dan Stack; 07-21-2002 at 09:49 AM.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Real nice, I like how the engineering section is actually almost all engineering. Interesting choice in using the middle deck in the sphere for machinery instead of crew sapce like FJ did. Are you going to put inertial dampeners into the thing as well?

Real Nice!!!

Dan

These are great . I love the way you've added drop bays for the shuttles to reflect "Enterprise".
    I'll enjoy looking over the plans properly later.

Nice work

Long Tom

Very nice. I like the dropbays, as well. Gives a good Enterprise feel.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill