Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chargen cheat sheet and 1 page char sheet

Post Chargen cheat sheet and 1 page char sheet

Hi Everyone,

Finally stopped lurking, and as a first post, I'd like to ask for some feedback on two things.

1) is a character generation cheat sheet, a step by step chargen sheet that a narrator could hand out to new players.
    1a) It's got a Starfleet Academy Chargen section which really looks like the chargen from the LUG SFA boxed set. I tried to translate it to coda.

Click here for the cheat sheet

2) A 1 page character sheet. This is not to superscede the excellent sheet from Don. I just personally can't stand 2 sheets. It's dirty right now, I'll clean it up after all the feedback. (as I'm sure you'll give me)

Click here for the character sheet

Anyhoo, I expect my site to be /.ed soon (hopefully )

Thanks a bunch, hope you like it.
    Sir Didymus
    Last edited by Didymus; 06-20-2002 at 06:42 PM.

Talking Yes!!!!!!

EXACTLY the kind of thing that I think should be in the Player's Guide from Decipher!!! FASA had something similar in later versions of their TrekRPG. Very nicely done. Keep up the good work on the chargen cheat sheet. Nice character sheet, too.

Maltese_Falcon

Order

One small miss: The CHargen sheet sais to choose an edge from either the personal or the profesional development package, but choosing those packages appears later in the process...
    nuqneH!
    tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?
    naDev tlhInganpu'tu'lu'a'?

Good work!

Forgive my denseness... the Starfleet Academy thing, is this the equiavalent of a Professional Development package? (ie.. dont go and apply a professional development package AND Starfleet Academy)

Nice worksheet. Something liek this would be great for Decioipher to put on one side of a Narrator's Screen.

Very nice work. Thank you

I'm holding a character generation session on Saturday, and this'll come in really handy

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the compliments. What a way to begin a work day

starfleetlover: The Academy, as I see it, is not a package. It doesn't add anything. The desired Pro package what the character will become, essentially graduating from the academy when he gets his 20 skill picks. (5 per year). I'm not sure if this is the best way to tackle it, but that's my take on the cadet generation of the Academy box from LUG. You spend 4 years at the Academy to become a beginning character (with extra XP I would imagine ) Any better ideas out there?

Almos: Good catch! I missed that when I moved the skills section.

Errata: Picking a background development package should be added as a step in character concept. Species skills picks should be added before step 19. Step 19 itself should be put after step 6. Step 26 should read: "Indicate preferred Attributes (2) and Reactions (1) as well as Professional Skills.

This will be cleaned up when I get home from work, but if you already printed it out, why waste ink?

Thumbs up

Very nice work indeed, Thanks

Karg

I really liked the cheat sheet.

Can't wait to see it updated.

I plan to use it when I start running my adventure in a few weeks once the NG comes out.

This will help my players to make their characters faster.

Excellent work...this is just what the doctor ordered

Long Tom

Cool 1 page sheet

Magnificent! Look forward to your website!

Thanks for puting in all that effort - I'll be making use of it immediately!

Cheers

Mike

Unhappy

Hey, Didymus!

I really hate being a whiner, but could you repost these in a *.zip format? My server (at work) will not let me download PDF files directly.

Thanks!

=====O
    Dale W. Robbins

Thumbs up

Very nice character sheet.

I would love to see someone create a sheet that covers the other timelines as well.

Don't get me wrong. I love TNG and DS9 (but not V'GR). But what about us lovers of the "classic" and Movie (Trek 2-6) timelines.

My friends and I are looking to start a game durning the time of the Trek Movies and would like our stuff to fit that "look".

Just my two cents.

Edward Tunis
    www.sfi.org

Looks good. I'm cutting it to a form tonight. I'll post it once done.

Oh...you might want to make the hair, eyes, age, weight, and height smaller and put in more data like homeworld, etc... Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by qerlin; 05-12-2002 at 11:00 PM.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Qerlin: Good Point, I'll keep it in mind for the next version

USSJusticeCO: I'd love to oblige, but I don't have any references handy for the computer displays. (Okudagrams are prolly the most documented fictioinal interface there is ) If someone can point me to movie (ST:VIish) computer displays, I'd be more than happy to mod the TNG look to a TOS look.

CrimsonHawk: I was actually planning to create a zipfile when the final layout is done for the cheatsheet and the charsheet. Have no fear

The Cheat sheet has been updated. I'm working on a Conx-Gurps workseet right now but as soon as I'm done with that, I'm updating the charsheet.

Sir Didymus

PS: Sorry my connection has been so wonky for the past few days (week?) my ISP is making my life into a routing hell.

I set up a mirror just in case the source link dies:
    Mirror Files

You'll notice that there's a Silhouette Startrek Sheet. Use it if you find it useful