Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best jokes in Star Trek

Best jokes in Star Trek

Post your votes for funniest lines in Trek here!

My top three:

1. Jadzia Dax duplicate, "If Wishes Were Horses": 'I am not submissive! Am I?'

2. Worf, "Qpid": 'I am not a merry man!'

3. Worf, "Justice:" 'Nice planet!'
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Star Trek IV - Period

That was one funny movie. In fact it was the first time Star Trek really stopped and took a good look at itself.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Vulcan humor:

"There is an ancient Vulcan proverb: Only Nixon could go to China." -Spock

Sure, it's not the outright funniest, but it's the perfect example showing that Spock had a sense of humor.

From "I, Mudd":

"Noted and logged, assuming I actually cared." -Kirk to Harry

The funniest scene that I can recall from TOS is Kirk in the pile of dead tribbles...just the look on Bill Shatner's face as one of the stage crew was lobbing these fuzzy squeek toys at his head. Gotta love it.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Captain Picard Day. That whole scene with Picard, Riker and Troi with the all the little Picard dolls, and drawings and stuff. Riker's impersonation of Picard. Then Picard's conversation with the Admiral, who has noticed the banner in the background:

Blackwell: "Captain Picard Day?"

Picard: "Yes, it's for the children." Nervous laugh: "I'm a role model."

Blackwell, deadpan and not amused: "I'm sure you are."

I love that scene.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

From "Yesterday's Enterprise":

"Prune juice - a warrior's drink."

'Nuff said
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

The one where the Trois plus Riker get abducted by a Ferengi, and Picard has to 'win back' Lwaxanna weith poetry & threats. I love his last line: "Mr. Crusher, set course for Betazed. (softly Warp Eight."
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

From The Survivors:

Ryshaan: "So Mr. Worf? What do you think?"

Worf: "Good tea." Glance around. "Nice house."

It's not so much a joke but the look on Worf's face when the keyboardist in the bar (Reunification Pt. 2 I think) starts playing Klingon opera).

Star Trek 5. I busted a gut laughing at how stupid this all was.

But, if you mean things that were meant to be humorous, I liked the Captain Picard Day one pretty well.

Alex

I remember that scene in TNG'S Racals. Where young Picard talks to Riker, while the Ferengi discuss something.

Young Picard: Make it so, number one.
    *ferengi turn around surprised*
    Young Picard: He's.. uhh.. my number one dad.
    *Riker fakes a smile. Picard does too. They hug.*

I probably totally butchered in in paraphrasing the scene. Still I think it's priceless.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

Oh yeah, the Number One Dad scene was hilarious

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Some of my fav...

In the same episode, the following scene when Riker explains how the computer works to the Ferengi was also a great moment.

I agree with AslanC that the whole ST4 movie is extremely funny too (especially how Spock masters the use of "colourful metaphors" )

The look on Bashir's face in Rejoined when eating with the two Trills is also among my favourites (although this is far from being the case for the episode BTW).

Worf's "Minsk!" in the holodeck scene in What you leave behind has become a running joke between me and my brother

Some sequences in I, Mudd made me laugh to tears too (especially when the Enterprise crew acts dumb to confuse the androids).

The SW parody in the end of Shattered Mirror is also a favourite of mine.

I could go on and on for some time... the only obstacle being remembering all of these funny scenes. This is part of why I like Star Trek : being able to caricature itself from time to time.

I'll finish with Janeway in The Cloud : "There is coffee in that nebula"
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

What's wrong with the "rejoined" episode? I rather liked it ... damn, can't keep the "" under check.
    How comes the funniest one-liners often come from characters with a rather weak grasp of humour's mechanics? (Worf, Spock, Odo, Data to name a few)
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Data in Generations "OH SHIT!"
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Originally posted by Calcoran
    How comes the funniest one-liners often come from characters with a rather weak grasp of humour's mechanics? (Worf, Spock, Odo, Data to name a few)
    Oh, i wouldn't go that far. McCoy had plnety of good one liners in TOS and the movies. An example?

"That green-blooded son of a bitch! This is his revenge for all those arguments he lost!"
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.