Thread: Pray for Romulans on Enterprise

Post Pray for Romulans on Enterprise

Consider the below just an opinion based on a careful look and analysis at the rumors and facts slowly emerging from various sources.

Ok B&B have resisted bringing the Romulans into the show since it began look at the comments from last summer which essentually said 'be nice but we feel no obligation' blah blah blach.

Well no Blah blah blah. Berman recently has began to make positive statments towards bringing the Romulans in. Rumors have floated that John Logan (writer Trek X and Gladiator) has officially been asked to write there episodes or at least the basics of the story and he has said publicly he would love to if his schedule permits. But then Braga continues to drone on how the Temporal Cold War is great and that we will see more and more of it next season, Berman has made no comment. Brage has insulted fandom while Berman has kept his mouth shut. Could the honeymoon between the two be coming to an end as Berman sees how refreashingly new Trek X is with freash new production people working on it. Are the same feelings that drove a young Berman to unseat the bird in TNG and reinvent the whole show in a positive way coming back at last. Facts seem to indicate that older established races bring in better ratings such as the Vulcans, Andorians, Feringi and Klingons as well as being the better episodes this season while the worst performers have been those on the whole awful Temporal Cold War arc, Braga's baby.

As we see more and more rumors on the Romulans take it as a sign that there are cracks emerging in the unholy alliance known as B&B. If any episodes go into production on the Romulans before the Temporal Cold War is resolved look for Braga to be on his way out, at last, very soon there after, if not before.

Thumbs up

Oooooooh I hope so.

Don't get your hopes up...B&B have been bringing in bank on this cash cow of a franchise.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Arrow

I think it's too early to bring in the Romulans and the accompanying Earth-Romulan War. They should explore other aspect of pre-Federation time period like visiting Alpha Centauri, Tellarites, more Andorians, and whatnot.

Honestly, I do not like the idea of alien that appeared in later series appearing in Enterprise without actually meeting the other, having actually met them but don't know what they are, such as the Ferengi.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Please remember that, if they are to remain consistant with canon (we can hope), noone from Earth can see a Romulan and live to report back. Sure, we can see the ships and stuff, but "Balance of Terror" clearly established that noone had ever seen a Romulan before, not even a recovered body. All negotiations with them had been conducted by subspace radio.
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro
    We're hip-deep in alien cod footsoldiers. Define 'weird'.
    (I had this cool borg smiley here, but it was on my site and my isp seems to have eaten my site. )

As a correlary to the above, please note that a Vulcan could see a Romulan and live to tell about it, so long as said Vulcan did not tell about it. It wouldn't be the first time Vulcans kept a secret. (McCoy was pretty clueless about Vulcan physiology for a Federation doctor.) The Vulcans may regard the true identity of the Romulans as both a private matter AND irrelevant to the immediate situation.
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro
    We're hip-deep in alien cod footsoldiers. Define 'weird'.
    (I had this cool borg smiley here, but it was on my site and my isp seems to have eaten my site. )

Further to add a point a human could be looking directly at a Romulan in this time period and think he is looking at a strange looking Vulcan, as long as the said Romulan does not come up and say "Hi I am a Romulan". And don't foget that Balance of Terror Never had the two sides seeing one another visually until the middle and largely found strength in having the two sides unable to communicate until the very end. If the Romulans come in they will need time to build suspense and may even take as long as several seasons, if well paced it should not seem to out of the ordinary until the explosion happens around about the fifth season, lets hope. (it may be nice to wise to mention that the same amount of time to build the Romulans up as a foe is the same amount given to the Dominion in DS9.) I should have left the Feringi out of my list as its a hot button topic I too would not want to cardassians, bajorans and etc al running around and nobody asking them for there ID. I really meant those races which have been ignored from TOS and the Movies.

Arrow

Originally posted by spyone

Please remember that, if they are to remain consistant with canon (we can hope), noone from Earth can see a Romulan and live to report back.
    ** pauses and ponders **

Hmm. Maybe that's a good way to end the TV series. Hehehe.

Is it just me or is everyone else surprised that ENT got renewed. What the hell is wrong with today's TV audience?

** shakes head in disbelief and disappointment **

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Originally posted by REG

** pauses and ponders **

Hmm. Maybe that's a good way to end the TV series. Hehehe.

Is it just me or is everyone else surprised that ENT got renewed. What the hell is wrong with today's TV audience?

** shakes head in disbelief and disappointment **
    I guess the TV Execs could take only so much of B&B grovelling on the floor of their offices.

I hope we see the Romulans. I'm interested in how they will handle the story. It could be used as a subplot dealing with the Temporal Cold War. Look forward to seeing the story line in future episodes/seasons.

P.S. Expect Enterprise to run 7 years.

P.P.S. Trekkie fanatics (you know who you are) will be the death of Star Trek.

Cool

Originally posted by KNIGHT

P.S. Expect Enterprise to run 7 years.
    Yeah, that ranks right next to "Expect Saddam to rule Iraq longer than Bush's two presidential terms."

P.P.S. Trekkie fanatics (you know who you are) will be the death of Star Trek.
    Not unless you replace Brannon Braga with someone more talented like Robert Hewitt Wolfe, for example.

Trust me when I say, I am trying so hard to like ENTERPRISE. The very fact that I have to work to enjoy the series shows how much frustration I have.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

"I guess the TV Execs could take only so much of B&B grovelling on the floor of their offices."

Uh...yeah. Then again, maybe it's 'cause the rating have remained consistently high. So it's making Paramount money. So B&B aren't groveling at all. That the REALITY of it.

Of course it bloody got picked up for renewal.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill