Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition

Talking Limited Edition

will the Limited Edition have the typos fixed and the errata?

As I undertsnad it, the pages for the Limited Edition were printed at the exact same time as those for the first run of the PLayer's Guide. I could be wrong, though.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Unhappy

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ok no point in getting it

darn i wd have used this as the 2nd edition

Project SAVE $ 4 player's guide & narrator's guide!

thx

Hmm, well I want a copy of the LE anyway, since I was planning to buy two copies of both the PG and NG (always useful to have two, especially during character creation). But it's a shame if it isn't updated to correct the errors.

Ah well.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

It's pretty standard practice to take this approach for limited editions, because LE's are never printed in large enough quantities to justify a separate print run (unless, I suspect, you're White Wolf!).

From personal experience, when Hogshead produced Realms of Sorcery, they had the pages for all the copies printed and blocked in the main print run, then diverted a hundred or so of the blocks (that's all the pages bound together without covers) before the rest were bound. The uncovered blocks then went to a separate professional bookbinder for covering in leather That took several months as it was all done more or less by hand.

I suspect the same applies to the Trek LE, not that I'm saying that it will be in leather!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Don't quote me, but I think it will be something fancy, like leather, and in a slipcase to hold all three books.

Yes, there's an additional third book as well, full color, that will be in the LE. At this time this book, to my knowledge, will only be available in the LE. Perhaps Doug can dig up some more specific information.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Talking

etc

whats the THIRD book?!

"101 Ways to fry a tribble"

"Songs your mooogee never taught you"

"My favorite bathtime gurgles"

"The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy"

"I would rather kiss a wookie!"

'They're all dead dave"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

Talking

etc

whats the THIRD book?!

"101 Ways to fry a tribble"

"Songs your mooogee never taught you"

"Spying or how to appear like a tailor without being one"

"The pail of life or how I lived among solids"

"Baldness, a sign of weakness or the ultimate aphrodesicac?"

"Trekkers, are they nutty lifeforms or do they have good taste?"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

Ahem!

Personally, I'm hoping for an art/photo type book... Perhaps with some kind of general background info. As I've commented before, if anything essential to the game goes in something limited, some fans get left out...

Ok, I guess I'm gonna have to get it then!

So Don, Doug, Ross - any of you guys planning to be at Origins or GenCon so I can get it signed?
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."

If I were a game designer I'd make the 3rd book either an adventure or a fully fleshed out setting with adventure ideas, like the chapter LUG devoted to each rulebook with ship/crew/setting descriptions and a short adventure - just longer with NPCs, longer planetary descriptions and the like. Something that gets you playing real fast if you don't want to (or don't have the time to) develop a setting yourself.

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    Hmm, well I want a copy of the LE anyway, since I was planning to buy two copies of both the PG and NG (always useful to have two, especially during character creation). But it's a shame if it isn't updated to correct the errors.

Ah well.
    Ditto! I want the second copy so I can eventually get it autographed when I take it to cons to play. I have my working copy that I am already highlighting to hades and back. Oooppsss! Then I will have the good one to share with friends that can have multiple autographs throughout it. The designers really have a great selection of photographs through out the book. Both the LUG and CODA editions were well thought out and put together, whether or not we are fond of particular changes. :-)
    "Some men see things as they are and say "Why?" Others dream things that never were and say "Why Not?"" -- George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Yes, there's an additional third book as well, full color, that will be in the LE. At this time this book, to my knowledge, will only be available in the LE. Perhaps Doug can dig up some more specific information.
    Well, I just received confirmation from TPTB about the third book of the LE, so I thought I'd share the subject with you.

The 32-page insert that will come with the LE is a sourcebook for Enterprise!
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    Now that's a surprise! I hope that the LE (btw, isn't that Lawfull Evil? Seems I found another CODA/d20 similarity ) isn't so limited that the american market gets all the copies and we europeans never see it.

I want it! Want it! Want it!
    But I don't want no friggin' Limited Edition ... always hated LEs ...

Damn I'm soooo dooomed!
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    I'd be happy with that!

Calcoran, I'm sure that info will become available somewhere else fairly soon. Either in an Enterprise sourcebook (presumably expanded and revised) or as a download before too long (I hope!).
    Jon