Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    The 32-page insert that will come with the LE is a sourcebook for Enterprise!
    Cool that you were given the go ahead to tell.

BUt without the errata in and an Enterprise insert, I think I will give this one a pass.

Enterprise just ain't my cup of tea.

Thumbs up

Well, I just received confirmation from TPTB about the third book of the LE, so I thought I'd share the subject with you.

Oh, damn. And there I was thinking I wouldn't need to buy the limited edition, and could save a little money.... *le sigh*

Considering how Enterprise is the series that restored my faith in Star Trek after all these years, I'm kind of personally obliged to get this just so I can give my plan of running an NX-era campaign a spin.

Thanks for the heads-up, Doug. I'm actually looking forward to this now....
    Last edited by PGoodman13; 05-24-2002 at 12:02 PM.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Thumbs up Coolness!

Enterprise! Cool. I was thinking of getting the LE anyway, for the second copy reason mentioned before, but now that I know it's going to have Enterprise stuff in it.... It Must Be Mine!!
    At times like these I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "... I drank what?"

So will the Limited Edition be available via the Decipher Store? This morning the players guide wasn't even available there!
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Thought so. So, any info on what might be in it? Species writeups? NX-01 stats? An adventure?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Will they also be offering the insert as a seperate item (for those of us already invested in the PG and NG?
    Deo Vindice!

Dan & DW: No word on if the insert will be avilable separately yet. I know it is an option they are considering, but no decision has been reached.

C. Huth: Species write-ups (including the Nausicaans and the Suliban), Ship stats (including the NX-class ship), tech info (including phase pistols and such-like), and probably a whole lot of other crunchy niftiness.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

kewl and hmm...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

What's the expected price for the Limited Edition and will it be available at Origins?

Dan & DW: No word on if the insert will be avilable separately yet. I know it is an option they are considering, but no decision has been reached.
    I'd be one of those 'please release it seperately' voices. I'm interested in the Enterprise era of play, but having bought the PG already I'm not going to buy the Ltd Ed.
    Cheers
    Paul

I have to say at this point that unless the extra book is going to be available seperately then I am unlikely to Purchase the Narrators guide in favour of waiting for the LE.

The stuff in the book sounds like it could come in useful, and while I have no problem with Multiple copies of a Players guide, I doubt I am going to need multiple Narrators guides around... Especially at £20 a pop.

I will watch this thread intently as I had been relying on the NG before I even considered porting any ICON stuff over to CODA...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Question

Okay, now I'm really getting confused. I keep hearing about this Limited Edition, but I can't find anyone who can preorder it for me. Not my friendly neighborhood gaming store, not my online supplier, no links via the decipher site that I can see, nada. eep.

If i'm going to buy into Decipher Trek it sounds like the LE version is what I want, the Enterprise material is an added plus (and really should be offered as a pdf download, via purchase or free, for those loyal early buyers who couldn't wait like some of us...). My problem is simple -- how do I go about pre-ordering something I can't find a listing for -- hint, hint......thanks!

PS -- and how much will it cost, in American dollars?....

I would also like to get my grubby paws on it. but if i have to buy the LE to get the enterprise suppliment, well, I can do without it. Since I already have the PG, and will be getting the NG soon. I do not need another copy of either.
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Originally posted by Takei

I'd be one of those 'please release it seperately' voices. I'm interested in the Enterprise era of play, but having bought the PG already I'm not going to buy the Ltd Ed.
    Here here! I'm considering an Enterprise era campaign, and if they release the supplement, I'll pick it up, if not I'll "roll my own". Either way I'm not buying an Ltd.

While no great surprise, this is certianly good news. Thank you.

Though I was gonna buy it anyway, just 'cause I like to have duplicate rulebooks. Certainly the Enterprise sourcebook is a nice enticement though.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.