View Poll Results: When should B&B launch a new Star Trek series? [read below post first]

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wait until Enterprise is over

20 58.82%
  • Midway through Enterprise- season 4 or 5

9 26.47%
  • ENT year 2 or 3

1 2.94%
  • Give it to us now!!!!

4 11.76%

Thread: When's the time right... for more Trek?

When's the time right... for more Trek?

A few rules before posting to this thread...

1. On no account put anything in a reply along the lines of "cancel Enterprise first"- I don't want this to be another ENT-bashing thread.

2. Nothing in a reply about "fire B&B."

3. Don't clutter a post with info about *what* you would put on the new show... this has already been covered on at least two other threads that I can think of.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Honestly..? I'd rather they wait a few years after Enterprise wraps.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Very tough choice. Personnally, I'd like more Trek now, cause there's never enough Trek for me

However, the logical choice to do would be to wait a little. That would allow some time for the audience to cool a bit, and to more enjoy the next series (like waiting a bit after a 3-hours dinner before eating something else ). That, or have a series with a really original concept (like DS9 at its time).
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Arrow

When Braga finally left Paramount, then that would be a good time as any to do right by the Trek fans.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Bump.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Originally posted by REG
    When Braga finally left Paramount, then that would be a good time as any to do right by the Trek fans.
    Yep, some of those guys (good or not) are working on New trek for more than 10 years, they cannot help but getting more and more stale ideas. A new team is a necessity for a new trek.
    Hoping You'll understand all of this

Originally posted by REG
    Hey! I wasn't the first to say it.

Trek needs a new team. New team, new ideas.

I would have to say "in a couple of years." To make sure the idea is "cooked" through. That is one of my complaints about ENT., I never had the feeling it was fully thought out (not bashing here.)

As to ideas, continue on where DS9 left off, not necessarily on the station...A detail survey of the Bajor Sector could be interesting. Or a "scheduled" exploration of new sectors of space, maybe make a deal with the Dominion to explore unclaimed space. And, sorry I have to say it, stick closer to established history.

I'd rather see them wait a few years after Enterprise finishes. After that, who knows what they will come up with?

Personaly I am not so sure another series set in or near the TNG/DS9 era would be to my liking. One of the things I like about Enterprise is it's distance (in time) from the other shows. This distance gives the writers a chance to show us a new "look" and different approach to the Trek universe (regardless if they pull it of or not, the opportunity is there).
    A DS9-era show would run the risk of being very similar to DS9 or TNG and while both were good shows I think it's time for something new.

Maybe a movie-era series.

To be honest, several years after the end of ENT (if ever again), wait for the generation to really change.

And yes, I am a fan of all things Trek, but to all good things, an end must come.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Personally, I think they should merge Enterprise with Red Dwarf. Just don't put Lister & T'Pol in the same room, ever.
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Originally posted by Robbert Raets
    Personally, I think they should merge Enterprise with Red Dwarf. Just don't put Lister & T'Pol in the same room, ever.
    Yes, after 2 seconds she would find a logical reason to shove him out of an airlock. OTOH Rimmer would really love our little Ms. Sticks-to-the-rules. He'd probably get throw out of said airlock about 2 seconds after Lister.

And how would Porthos and the Cat get along ?!?!

Allow Enterprise to develop a stronger fan base and then develop a completely different series, preferably after DS9. I would love to have more shows to tune in to. Otherwise, there is just too much junk on TV that most really don't care to watch. We could do a lot worse. I love having my imagination stretched.
    "Some men see things as they are and say "Why?" Others dream things that never were and say "Why Not?"" -- George Bernard Shaw

Except for the fact that I've already pitched the main idea behind the best Star Trek series EVER ("Empire's End"), I'd say give the current series its run, THEN write something new.

Anything else would be jumping the gun, and would just give the moaners something new to call the waambulance about.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

my suggestion would be to do a series on another of the federation races. viewing the federation from the romulan perspective.. I would like to see another perspective of the federation.. in any time period.
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.