Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Give me your Coda Q's and Feedback (Good and Bad)

(disclaimer again: I still haven't managed to unstick my tongue )

If I were you, I'd get that seen to
    Depends on what it is stuck to and if its enjoyable..
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

This is a bit of a nit pick, but I noticed under the Cardassian description the Medical Problem (poisoned by Cobalt Diselenide) is no longer included. Why? It was some what of a major point in a few of the episodes of DS9.

Yes I do have too much time to play with.

Range modfiers for equipment

On page 172 the range modifiers are said to apply to the Target Number at +2/0/-2/-4.
    The following example sometimes refers to the modifiers applying to "to hit" and "skill tests" and then again to the TN.

As a lower TN at longer range would actualy lower the difficulty I assume the modifier applies to the skill test and not the TN.

Maybe a clarification could be added to the Errata.

Originally posted by Phantom
    This is a bit of a nit pick, but I noticed under the Cardassian description the Medical Problem (poisoned by Cobalt Diselenide) is no longer included. Why? It was some what of a major point in a few of the episodes of DS9.
    But if you stop and think about it, it shouldn't really be worth anything. All races have something that they find lethal. They don't get points for it! Think of it as a minor racial detail. Yes, it was significant in the episodes, but that's colour.

I mean, does a human get points for Medical Problem (poisoned by Cyanide)?
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

I've seen in the errata thread that flaws can be 'bought off' during advancement at the same cost as purchasing an edge. Is there a way to gain a flaw during advancement, or can flaws only be gained at character creation?

Originally posted by Imagus

But if you stop and think about it, it shouldn't really be worth anything. All races have something that they find lethal. They don't get points for it! Think of it as a minor racial detail. Yes, it was significant in the episodes, but that's colour.

I mean, does a human get points for Medical Problem (poisoned by Cyanide)?
    It is a good bet that most life forms will find cyanide lethal, but onlyCardies find CD lethal. I wasn't suggesting that it be a flaw that you get points from. I just thought it should be listed under the description as it is something the Cardies find lethal, but no other race does.
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-31-2002 at 11:31 AM.

Well, I must say that what I have been able to read of DecTrek is quite good. I think that my Romulan game will stay ICON, but if my other online game takes flight I think I will CODA.

Re: Range modfiers for equipment

Originally posted by Lancer
    On page 172 the range modifiers are said to apply to the Target Number at +2/0/-2/-4.
    The following example sometimes refers to the modifiers applying to "to hit" and "skill tests" and then again to the TN.

As a lower TN at longer range would actualy lower the difficulty I assume the modifier applies to the skill test and not the TN.

Maybe a clarification could be added to the Errata.
    Actually, the modifiers are reversed. Perhaps they were originally written so as to be applied to the roll, but then the wording was changed, but not the modifiers. Table A.13 Ranged Combat Modifiers (pg. 250) shows the correct modifiers of -2/0/+2/+4.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

I know this has probably been covered somewhere, but how do you figure a characters favoured attribute and reaction? What does the favoured status do for either of the above? I can't find any info in the book about it. I'm probably just missing it somewhere.

You have 2 favourite attributes as I far as I can tell.
    One you can choose as you wish and the other one comes with your profession.
    Favourite reaction can be chosen as well.

I believe so far it only enables you to improve those attriubtes / reaction at a lower cost.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

Originally posted by Phantom
    I know this has probably been covered somewhere, but how do you figure a characters favoured attribute and reaction? What does the favoured status do for either of the above? I can't find any info in the book about it. I'm probably just missing it somewhere.
    It is listed in the base profession descriptions. It will say "Game Information." It is right after that, before the Professional Abilities.
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Originally posted by Joe Dizzy
    Favourite reaction can be chosen as well.
    AFAICT you have only one favored reaction, defined by your profession (Player's Guide, page 51).

Originally posted by Lancer

AFAICT you have only one favored reaction, defined by your profession (Player's Guide, page 51).
    Nope, you get two; one defined by your profession, and one you choose yourself. I don't remember the exact page reference but it is in the front of the Professions section.

Allen

That information is also on page 51, right side.
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Thanks for the pick up on this, guys. You have two Favored Attributes and one Favored Reaction. The Reaction and one of the Favored Attributes are assigned by your basic profession, and the second is the player's choice, although the professions give suggestions for the second Favored Attribute. (This is explained, as Kronok pointed out, on page 51 of the PG.)

The advantage? Favored Attributes and Reactions cost fewer Advancement Picks to increase than non-Favored ones. For example, a Security Officer with QUickness as his Favored Reaction will only have use two picks to raise his Quickness, but would have to use three picks to increase his Willpower or Savvy.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.