Thread: The IMAGUS special edition character sheet (2 pages edition)

The IMAGUS special edition character sheet (2 pages edition)

i hope you apreciate it!

download it at :

http://www.simsherbrooke.com/strpg/d...imagusCSSP.pdf

Theko
    <EMBED src="http://www.simsherbrooke.com/strpg/signature.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH="260" HEIGHT="60" NAME="signature" >

An improvement over previous models to be sure. Still, it does seem a little busy and over complicated. It has about the same amount of info as a RoleMaster sheet. Is it necessary to have 32 spaces for skills?

Nicely done.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Well some people like lots of skill space. I certainly do, and my own ICON sheets follow a similar pattern.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

What is the perfect layout for a character sheet?

please give me, for you, what is the perfect layout for a character sheet

a Lcar layout is important to you ?

Color or Black& white ?

How many page max ?

More space to write ?

How many skill line ?

All skill name pre-entered or free fill space ?

I'm waiting... and a promess you the most practical and beautiful charater sheet of all the WEB !!!!

For now I fix this sheet to:
    -3 PAGES
    -LIGHT COLOR
    -LCARS DESIGN IS IMPORTANT
    -40 lines for skill (free fill)

I'm expecting lot of reply to adjust this parameters...

Thank

theko
    Last edited by Theko; 05-20-2002 at 06:36 PM.
    <EMBED src="http://www.simsherbrooke.com/strpg/signature.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH="260" HEIGHT="60" NAME="signature" >

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    Well some people like lots of skill space. I certainly do, and my own ICON sheets follow a similar pattern.
    Fair enough.

Re: What is the perfect layout for a character sheet?

Originally posted by Theko
    please give me, for you, what is the perfect layout for a character sheet

Color or Black& white ?

How many page max ?

More space to write ?

How many skill line ?

All skill pre-entered or free fill space ?

I'm waiting... and a promess you the most practical and beautiful charater sheet of all the WEB !!!!

For now I fix this sheet to:
    -3 PAGES
    -LIGHT COLOR
    -LCARS DESIGN IS IMPORTANT
    -40 lines for skill (free fill)

I'm expecting lot of reply to adjust this parameters...

Thank

theko
    1)I don't mind the LCAR set up. As long as the design is minimalist, like ICON.

2) Again as long as it is simple, colour. If you need a lot of info, then B&W.

3) Personally I like one page front and back, if I need more space I can always staple a blnk sheet on.

4) I like Just enough for the character to seem whole, for extra RP material see above.

5) Having given some thought the number of skills on the above sheet is okay, given that it fits onto the one whole page format.

6) Does "pre-entered skill space" fit into CODA? I haven't picked it up yet.

Re: What is the perfect layout for a character sheet?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Theko
    [B]please give me, for you, what is the perfect layout for a character sheet

Color or Black& white ?

How many page max ?

More space to write ?

How many skill line ?

All skill name pre-entered or free fill space ?

My reply:

Personally I find the current sheets all too "busy" looking. Too many colours, too many bells & whistles.

I would like to see a clean, serviceable black and white sheet with room to add extra skills, as many people seem to take extra skills (say 10+ blanks beyond the normal skill list) in one area and none in another.

I think a two-page character sheet is more than long enough. Once you go beyond 2 pages you have to do a lot of hunting during a session.

Just some thoughts

You did all that...? For li'l ole me?

Bats eyelashes in a disturbing fashion (for a 33 year old male )

Actually, layout-wise, I quite like it! It is a little busy in places, and it doesn't print that well in black and white (but that could just be my printer settings). Most of the data seems to be where I'd want it, and I like the skills page.

The spelling could do with a little work, but then I guess you're a French speaker, so we can make allowances

Whichever way you look at it, it's a vast improvement over the official one!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Where is PSI???

Very nice layout, but PSI is notoriously Absent. Thoughts?
    "Some men see things as they are and say "Why?" Others dream things that never were and say "Why Not?"" -- George Bernard Shaw