Thread: submissions?

submissions?

Does anyone know the status of the Decipher trek team and frelance submissions? Are they taking any?

are there any plans for any official material released on the net like Wizards does for 3e DandD? I'm speaking here of stuff like free adventures, character write-ups, maps, etc. i realise this site will have stuff after the game has been out for a while longer but I was wondering if anyone had heard what Decipher is going to do in that area.

just curious,

Monty

Re: submissions?

Originally posted by ds9guy
    are there any plans for any official material released on the net like Wizards does for 3e DandD? I'm speaking here of stuff like free adventures, character write-ups, maps, etc. i realise this site will have stuff after the game has been out for a while longer but I was wondering if anyone had heard what Decipher is going to do in that area.
    It would be nice, but I'll stick with this site...besides which most of the "stuff" you speak of is here. Ok its made for the ICON (aka LUG-Trek) system, however, most of its convertable or compatable with the CODA (aka DEC-Trek) system. As Garrison Keillor once said about "Ralph's Pretty Good Grocery Store", "...if you can't find it here, then you can probably do without it..." or you can make it up as you go along.

-Darth Sarcastic
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Cool

Hey DS9Guy! If you don't mind me making a recommendation, start by donating some stuff to this site. That's how I got my start.
    Insert something clever

I plan to do just that!
    I have to get the new Decipher game first (ordered it today) and then go back through my campaign notes for my old FASA Trek games and see what I think the webmaster and BBS people might be interested in.

That and I'm sidetracked by a new game i'm starting up. But I do plan to send some stuff in.

Monty

Thumbs up

Good to hear! Once I finish a li'l albatross called a Spycraft adventure, I'll be joining you. If you don't mind a little advice, I'd say write what you're interested in. Take an adventure you're putting your own group through, gussy it up a bit, and then get it submitted. What I ordinarily do is write it for a base "TNG Era" then include a few conversion notes for other eras and genres. Belive me, you will find some interest!
    Insert something clever

Someone will always find it of interest or use. I may not always use Dave's adventures in full but I have always found something of use or inspiration within them.

Same with a fair amount of other material on this site and other sources including CODA's PG.

Regards,
    CKV.

Wink

Raiding the NPC jar again, are ya?
    Insert something clever

*chuckle* Close but I more often keep tripping on the tangent springboard and it flips me off into interesting directions.

Regards,
    CKV.