Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Ender.

Season Ender.

I know this subject was discussed recently, but I can't find it right now.

The Season Ender for Ent. have to admit I thought it was OK. Not as exciting as a season finale should be, but it did have its moments. I just hope the Season Opener dosen't follow the same pattern as I have noticed in the show...Just when I find an episode that makes me interested in the series...The next one does something really STUPID (re: DUMB) and I have to take two steps back.

And couldn't they have used Wrigley's Pleasure Planet instead of Risa, to at least maintain the illusion that this show is before TOS?

It is minutely possible that this show will actually prove to have merit. Next season will be the litmus test.
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-27-2002 at 08:19 PM.

I tried so hard to like the show, but I couldn't. The season finale makes it worse because of my personal hatred for temporal-themed episodes.

Only a handful of the first-season run managed to impress me, but not so much that I would watch it on the first airing (I taped it while I watched The West Wing).
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Perrryyy Guest

Thumbs down

Looked too much like "Lost in Time". Much like Voyager was "Lost in Space". Now I wonder when they'll get to "leap" home.

Angry

I thought the episode was a little too "deus ex machina"- they solved everything with their nifty little tech from the future until the end of the episode, with the cliffhanger. Quite disappointing, actually.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Just let me give my head a shake here (sound of lose screws rattling.) There that's better....What just happened here? I say I liked an ep of Ent. and no-one else liked it?!? I thought I was the card carrying Ent thumper here.

Saw the Risa ep as well, the only thing I liked was Tripp and Malcolm while they were on leave. They were very amusing to watch.

Thumbs down

My initial reaction at the end was for Dean Stockwell to wlak in and say...

"Sam, Ziggy says there is a %90 chance youa re here to make sure Daniels doesn't leave for dinner..."

A lame ending to a lame season, IMHO.

Ok! Who pointed the Dimensional Rift Generator at my computer? I want back into the my universe, you know the one where everyone liked Ent. Except me.

Dude I said give it a chance...

I did...

It sucked...

I stopped watching...

My co-worker raved about the ep and gave it to me on tape...

I am never getting that hour of my life back... ever...

Unhappy

I really am sorry, Phantom. But not ALL shows (TV and movies) with the label "Star Trek" are going to be automatic hit with the viewing audience.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by Phantom
    Ok! Who pointed the Dimensional Rift Generator at my computer? I want back into the my universe, you know the one where everyone liked Ent. Except me.
    Don't worry, there are still a lot of people in this universe that like Enterprise. I just can't tell you if I like the season ender, as I haven't seen it yet.

So if you want back to your universe all you have to do ist stop thinking of any Enterprise episodes as "okay". Shouldn't be too difficult for you.

Smile Ent finale

I liked it. But I'm easy to please.
    Scotty

*shrug*

It wasn't bad. But it wasn't particularly good either.
    Which sums up Enterprise quite well. So far the episodes are average, some are a little below and some a little above average. But there was no real high-light, blow-you-away episode or a stinking festering pile of kuh-rap either. It was all just shrugworthy and that's it.
    Here's hoping S2 will have a little more character.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

I wonder what the enterprise cast and crew think of their show.
    do they think it's as mediocre and unoriginal as I do?
    Or do they think they are doing a good show?
    Do they actually think its well written and creative?
    I'd like to think that no one would be doing anything they knew was bad but quotes I've seen about Voyager behind the scenes make one wonder...

I realize here that my opinion of good or bad is subjective but judging from BBS posts here and on other sights other fans agree at least in part.

I bring it up becuase I don't want to see another Voyager.
    I realy don't. I couldn't stomach Voyager and I really don't want to see more of the same here.
    so far, small things have been fixed with enterprise but some of the real serious writing and conceptual problems remain in spades

of well,

Monty

Uhm, guys my above post was a joke. I just find it amusing that last summer I was the one bashing the show, and in some circles still am, and now that I avtually have something good to say about the show...No one else does.

I don't see what everyone is ranting about. I thought the season ender was very well done. Heck, for those of you who just bought the ST:TNG first season on DVD just watch those shows and then look at the past season of Enterprise. This is a good show with excellent actors and writers. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I don't see the need to bash people just for the sake of seeing your name on the Internet.

Every show on television, in any country, could be better. But if you have a real problem with the way the directors, writers and producers are taking the show, give them some real feedback. Look at what was good and what you want to see more of. Explain what you didn't like and why.

I think too often people who critize the shows here are comparing apples to oranges and expecting lemonade. This is Enterprise. It isn't Deep Space Nine Revisited. Voyager wasn't ST: The NEXT Next Generation. Heck I remember people putting down ST:TNG when it first came out saying Q was just a rip off of Trelaine, the Dixon Hill first season episode was just trying to steal the thunder of the ST: TOS episode A Piece of the Action, and (my favorite complaint) the Naked Now episode was too much like the Naked Time episode with Kirk.

Nobody looks at NYPD Blue and longs for it to be more like Hill Street Blues. I don't give up on ER because it isn't as warm and fuzzy as St. Elsewhere was back in the 1980s.

Enterprise is a solid premise and all this bashing for the sake of bashing is a waste of time. But just so you don't think I'm just a fanboy who loves everything B&B put out I'll tell what the show and the season ender needed and I hope the writers will include in the future:

1. More perspective. The crew are exploring, but how much have they seen and how far have they gotten? I would like to see real star charts letting us know how far Archer and the crew have traveled. If that means that the NX-01 is traveling WAAY out and will be stopping by on the Bajorans soon, I hope it reflected in the show how intrepid an explorer Archer is for going where no one has gone before.

2. More diversity. The aliens of the week thing is getting old. Show us a civilization each week. I liked the episode where the aliens were offended by the crew putting food in their mouths. Too often in TNG and DS9 the aliens basically humans just with funny things hanging off their faces.

3. A single theme. If Enterprise is exploring, fine. If it is about temporal brinksmanship, fine. If it is about cultural exchange, fine. If it is about mankind maturing, fine. But pick one. If you plan to tie them all together even better. But all these loose strings make it hard to know what to expect from week to week. Over on the West Wing I know I'm going to get a morality play about power caged in a political drama.

So while I'd love to hear a real debate over the merits and flaws of the show, lets keep the show bashing to a minimum.
    Admiral Roberto Gonzalez
    Commanding Officer
    Deep Space 11
    STAR TREK: Crossroads