Thread: Assinging sounds to keyboard keys for FX in series?

Question Assinging sounds to keyboard keys for FX in series?

Hello all!

I am going to start my series set along the RNZ in summer and was wondering if someone could help me with a little problem I have.
    I think that sounds and a proper sound/music background is very essential for roleplaying and especially for such a well known setting as Star Trek. Using the sounds would surely add to the whole session atmosphere. There is however a small problem I am facing. Using music is no big deal but with sounds the whole thing is a bit trickier because I want to use them quickly according to the various scenes. So I have been wodering if any of you know of a program (preferably a free one) that allows you to assign different wav or mp3 sounds to the keys on the keyboard. Thus I would simply press "d" for the door sound or "w" for warp entry.

Many thanx!

http://www.trek-rpg.net/trek/core/sttngfx.exe

Think that should be what you are looking for.

Thanx...but it doesn't work!

Thanx again but apparently it doesn't work. All I get is an error message. Something that the file can not be played with the MCI, although I can play the sound if I use Winamp.
    Also it isn't quite what I am looking for, because I would still have to use the mouse. What i want to do however is assign different sounds to different keys on my keyboard, i.e. I simply press "w" and the warp sound will be played. Many thanx anyway!

Sounds

Where can I get startrek sound effects....

Lt Cmdr Matt

Try the soundtracks!

especially Generations! You'll find about 16 or so FX tracks there!

I'm working on a simple keyboard-driven sfx program for Star Trek. Press a button and it plays a sound. It's about 35-45% complete, functionally. Graphics are another matter. More on things as they progress.