Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ENTERPRISE and the RPG: A Good Sign

ENTERPRISE and the RPG: A Good Sign

I have to say that Paramount's willingness to let the game approach Enterprise material this soon in the lives of both projects seems like a good sign for everyone involved.

Don, how would you say the relationship between Paramount and Decipher (West) differs from the relationship the mountain logo had with LUG, if at all?

As a means of comparison, can you give us some idea how long ago (or how far through the last network season) the Enterprise bonus book was written?

Thanks much!

word,
    will

No perceived difference from my end. Working with VCP (Viacom Consumer Products) has always been a fairly painless process. That's the arena of the Line Developer, however, so Ross may have a different take on things than I. The fact that they (VCP) were willing to allow the ENT insert this early does give a strong indication of their willingness to work with licensees, I'd say.

I finished the ENT manuscript up to, and including "Fallen Hero" and "Desert Crossing." The only episodes I didn't get to include were "Two Days and Two Nights" and "Shockwave"--neither of which had any substantive information that really needed to be included.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I have to ask. Bonus book?

Regards,
    CKV.

Bonus book:

I should've clarified: I was referring to the coveted "third book" of the Limited Edition set (Player's Guide, Narrator's Guide and Enterprise sourcebook).

word,
    will

Are there plans to eventually release this book on its own then or will it only be available for those that purchase the set?

Regards,
    CKV.

The additional book being released on its own also appeals to me, since I am not going to get a LE.
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Don mentioned on another thread that there isn't likely to be a seperate book but the material would find its way into later supplements, ie the races in the Aliens book, she ships into the Starship book, etc.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Thanks Greg. I finally got caught up on reading most of the threads in this forum. Being away several months leaves a lot of reading when one returns.

For those that may not have read that thread, Don also mentioned that Doug would have a better idea on whether the Enterprise book would be released as an independent book.

I personally think that it would be a wise route to go as many people already have the PG and maybe even the NG and not many will want to dish out to get both books again just for the Enterprise material. However, for those fans of the show having the material together in one sourcebook I am sure would be a major selling point.

Regards,
    CKV.

Lightbulb Keeping my promise

Ha! I hunted this thread down. I made a promise to give a bit more detail as to what’s in the ENT book (or at least, what I submitted).

Keep in mind that most of the book is stats, stats, stats. There is some history and “fluff” at the beginning, but for the most part we get straight down to business.

- History
    - State of interstellar affairs
    - Denobulans
    - Nausicaans
    - Suliban
    - About 10 lifestyle/professional development packages
    - New traits
    - Stats of just about every tech seen (phase pistols, EM-33, suits, scanners, portable EM field generators, etc)
    - Deck-by-deck tour of the NX
    - NX-class
    - Raptor-class
    - J/Y-class freighter
    - Archer, T’Pol, and Tucker stats

This is all off the top of my head and is subject to change without notice. (Read: If this changes it isn’t my fault or Decipher’s.)
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Re: Keeping my promise

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    - Deck-by-deck tour of the NX
    Does this mean deck plans?!? (Drool)
    At times like these I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "... I drank what?"

No, I said "tour." If it had deck plans, I would have said "deck plans."
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    No, I said "tour." If it had deck plans, I would have said "deck plans."
    I figured as much. I just had to ask. A man can hope, right?
    At times like these I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "... I drank what?"

Oooo!

This suggestion of a focused, thorough look at a TREK topic really appeals to me. I thought I was only interested in the broad-topic books that Decipher was planning. That is, I'm happy with the release schedule I've been looking at so far. Now I'm thinking there might really be a place for a 32-page TREK supplement.

Yes ... if the ENTERPRISE book can be sold separately (farther, farther down the line), please do so.

Oh, and do whatever is necessary to convince Decipher that a quarterly, 32-page TREK magazine/supplement is a necessity.
    Or ... maybe an ENTERPRISE annual? A 32-page book every year covering new developments and such on the series? It would have been great to do something like that for every series.

word,
    will

An "enterprise annual" would be cool. The question is, though: would Paramount go for it?

Quick question, Don... as somebody who's made up his mind not to purchase the LE, I'm relieved to hear the ships and races will be making their way tinto other supplements, but what about the weapons and equipment? Where will their stats be reprinted, if at all?

--MAC