Thread: Deck 21...Deck 22...Deck 24...Deck 25...

AslanC Guest

Post Deck 21...Deck 22...Deck 24...Deck 25...

Hey where did Deck 23 go?

Due to a discussion about Nebula Deck counts, an intereting theory has come to light as a potential Star Trek adventure...go here for the genesis of this thread;

http://www.trekrpg.net/Board/ubb/For...ML/000328.html

Now that said the diea is that a deck is mssing on your ship. It has to be a non-estential deck and it has been missing for years and no one has noticed.

What kind of adventure or series of plots could you perform around this? I'm talking about why the deck is missing? Why no one evers seems to notice it missing and why it is suddenly back or accessable by the players?

Open your minds gentlemen and see what comes out!

I look forward to your ideas.

And no Don, this is not me trying to get more help with my campaign :P

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Star Trek:Strange New Worlds;
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas/
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

I think that like the B5 episode this is based on the concept of a 'lost deack' would suit a Station far more than a Starship...

Bear in mind that an O'Neill type space station is enormous, with a large number of decks encircling the structure.

But a 10-30 odd deck starship is going to be a much smaller structure leading to a greater sense of impossibility...

Plus the story type tended to suit the B5 and Star Wars 'dirty tech' ideal, while the Star Trek 'ideal tech' just doesn't seem (to me at least), to feel right...

In these conditions I wouldn't make the Missing Deck a continuous storyline, just a one off possibly as a B story for comedy value...

Thats just an opinion though.

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"

Brazil's music in the background?

------------------
    Hoping You'll understand all of this

I dunno, an odd trip down the Jefferies tube chasing after a White Rabbit could be kinda fun.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Well it could be a deck that has alot of the computer core on/in it.

When it actually turns out to be a fully furnished deck which was forgotten about since everythought it was all computer core.

Thats when you find the squatters....

------------------
    '...The Borg have stopped at deck 10...'
    '...Deflector Control, no vital systems...'

Not a vital system! What the heck do you think stops the ship going 'poof' every time it goes to warp?

- ST:First Contact; Lt Hawk

OR during a Borg attack ie Wolf 359 (if the ship survives) that deck phases out.

When it re phases many years later you suddenly find a host of borg with a fully assimilated deck!

Needs work but such potential!

------------------
    '...The Borg have stopped at deck 10...'
    '...Deflector Control, no vital systems...'

Not a vital system! What the heck do you think stops the ship going 'poof' every time it goes to warp?

- ST:First Contact; Lt Hawk

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

In the TNG technical guide and the Enterprise -D deck plans it said that many rooms as well as a deck is just plain empty awaiting future use. It also says that most do not even have gravity or life support. I use that as a fun spot in my adventures. A mad scientist might set up shop or maybe stow aways or even once the borg beamed over several drones awaying activision for future adventures.

That's just what I wanted to submit. A whole deck missing or sealed off isn't very subtle or disciplined (this is Starfleet, after all) but some unused quarters could very well be suited for this. Something like:

"Hmm... there are no jeffries tube acces shafts anywhere in this corridor. I wonder why? And what's behind these walls?"
    Or:
    "Sir, where does that dark, unused corridor on deck someteen (or sometwenty) lead?"

------------------
    --------
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Never give up, never surrender!</font>
    - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart,
    NSEA Protector
    (Galaxy Quest)