Propulsion Data

Impulse System: Class 8 (0.95c) (E) –7
    Warp System: Class 8 (Warp 8/9.6/9.982) (E) –8

Tactical Data

Phaser Banks: Type XII (Saucer X2, Stardrive X3/D) –6 (7-1) X 5
    Penetration: 7/7/6/0/0
    Quantum Torpedoes: Mark I (X3/C) –7 X 3
    Penetration: 6/6/6/6/6
    Deflector Shields: Class 7 (E) –12 (14-2)
    Protection/Threshold: 17/5 –3

Miscellaneous Data

Maneuver Modifiers: +4 C, -3 H, +4 T
    Traits: Flagship –5

Last edited by Doktor Evil; 06-11-2002 at 10:56 AM.
    "Oh better far to live and die
    Under the brave black flag I fly,
    Than play a sanctimonious part
    With a pirate head and a pirate heart!"

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Nice write up at first glance. I am curious as to your reasonings for the low helm maneuver rating.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Thanks! I took the values from the Galaxy. I wanted to max the Command and Tactical ratings, and I figured that the Sovereign is a battle-hardened version of the Galaxy. I'd perhaps remove 1 or 2 pts from the Command rating and give it to the helm instead.

Originally posted by Doktor Evil
    Thanks! I took the values from the Galaxy. I wanted to max the Command and Tactical ratings, and I figured that the Sovereign is a battle-hardened version of the Galaxy. I'd perhaps remove 1 or 2 pts from the Command rating and give it to the helm instead.
    Given it has that Joystick on the Bridge for intense manuervering, I would recomend it myself

Looks good, although the Sov seems to actually be smaller than the Galaxy...at least from the little scale models that came out. Sure she's longer, but much thinner and has half the decks. I'd think her a size 8.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

As a matter of fact I started out with a size 8 design since I try to follow Spacedock stats as closely as possible, but the CODA rules indicate that a Heavy Explorer start out at Size 9 minimum (although one could ask if the Sovereign IS an heavy explorer.) Also, I didn't have enough space at Size 8. But I too picture it as being somewhat smaller than the Galaxy.

Heh...cool. Didn't know if it was me on the size thing. (It's not important...really it isn't!)

I still think of the Sovereign as a battleship -- the lack of nice carpets and potted plans, not to mention civilians, makes me thing the thing is supposed to be a 'borg-killer'.

That said...still a nice job.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Hiya Doktor... welcome back!

Nice job on the stats; had to laugh when AslanC mentioned the joystick - I remember shaking my head when I first saw that... "Who was the idiot responsible for that thing?" I'm surprised Riker didn't just grab a PlayStation controller instead and have a couch with a bowl of munchies rise up out of the floor for him to sit on!

I hear the next version of the PC game Elite Force will take place on the Enterprise E - now you'll actually be able to run around on the Ent E!

Cheers,

Bonzai Gopher
    Jinkies. Jinkies? Isn't that some kind of breakfast cereal? - Johnny Bravo