Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any chance of a FASA system forum???

Any chance of a FASA system forum???

Okay, we've got ICON and CODA for the new, and not so new systems o' Trek--but what about one for the first Trek game? It seems only fair, please? Anyone agree?

--the former moderator of the lugtrek and fasatrek mailing lists

grimjack2

I'll second that motion. Should come as no surprise since I have been posting FASA questions recently. Heck, I'll volunteer to help moderate if soemone needs to step forward.

Monty

Don't play FASA any longer, but there is a lot of useful tid-bits in them there books.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

If it's possible. I ll drop my vote in the hat.

I vote yay!

Tony
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."

So do I.

Talking I Second that emotion

Love the FASA system. So severely torn am I between running my next campaign with either FASA or LUG's ICON that it's driven' me coo-coo!

AndorMan
    Having fun on Andor, wish you were here.

I support the idea strongly.
    "Oh better far to live and die
    Under the brave black flag I fly,
    Than play a sanctimonious part
    With a pirate head and a pirate heart!"

I support it too. Although I've never actually played the FASA game, anything that promotes Trek roleplaying and RPGs in general is a GOOD THING in my book.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Always happy to talk FASA Trek. Heck, it was the first RPG I ever played.

But I wonder if we actually need a forum dedicated to it? Nothing's stopping us creating FASA threads in the general forum, or the Narrators forum. Are there enough of us old FASA players to justify Don creating a separate forum?

So anyway, my vote is a tentative yes, but I'm not entirely sure we need it.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I vote yes, partly because grimjack is a cool guy and I'll support him, and partly because then we really would be THE website for Trek gaming old and new.

Allen

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    But I wonder if we actually need a forum dedicated to it? Nothing's stopping us creating FASA threads in the general forum, or the Narrators forum. Are there enough of us old FASA players to justify Don creating a separate forum?
    Excatly my thoughts. I have 36" of nothing but FASA stuff but I fail to see the need. There's the Narrator Forum for running games (not system specific) and there's nothing stopping any of you disucssing FASA in the Trek Chat forum. Making a new forum for, at best, 20 people seems like just extra clutter to me.

The only thing this idea has going for it is that grimjack is the one asking for it. I was something like the third member to his Icon list and he, in a roundabout sort of way, is responsible for TrekRPGNet even existing. (Hey, want to pay the bills?) That, in turn, led to writing gigs with LUG and now Decipher.

One thought that comes to mind is to condense Utopia Planitia to non-system-specific and make a FASA Mechanics board. Then you have three boards for the three systems, one for starships, and one for Narrators.

I suppose next you'll ask me to put a board up for Prime Directive/GURPS?

YUCK!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

well, I see Prime Directive as "not really Star Trek" since it is based on a majorly alternate universe

I like the condensed Utopia Planitia idea. Ships could be labelled as [ICON], [CODA] or whatever to tell what system they are for.

I think probably a fair number of people still play the FASA game that just don't come here. The number of people who still play the Starship Combat Simulator board game may actually be higher than that. I greatly prefer Coda myself, but every now and then I still roll up a FASA character for fun and I have tons of stuff off of the old FASATrek mailing list and some of the websites. I think people would still be interested in that sort of thing.

Allen

Prime Directive? No thanks. While I have no opinion on the GURPS system having never played it, I was never enamoured of the SFB universe (though SFB is a damn good table top game). It just isn't a Trek game as far as I'm concerned, but each to their own.

Not a huge fan of the FASA game mechanics I must admit, but their Trek adventure modules were second to none and I would love to see Trek adventure modules of that quality produced again.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I'd give my right arm, pay halfway decent money or even trade my entire collection of Star Trek CCG cards (and it's fairly sizable) for three of the old FASA adventures:

"Denial of Destiny"

"Demand of Honor"

and my personal favorite,

"A Doomsday Like Any Other".

Allen