Thread: FASA Trek TNG/DS9 update

FASA Trek TNG/DS9 update

I'm going to start on my own update sourcebook for the TNG/DS9 time period to bring the FASA Trek system up to date. I've meant to do this ever since I used to run back when TNG was still on the air.

Would any other GMs or players be interested in assisting in this endeavour? For instance, what does the group think the major sections are that I should cover.

Should I do a historical section as well as sections on equipment, starships, new skills and the like? does the group think I should work up stats on the major characters for each show. Or would the GMs prefer that I avoid stats on the major players and leave their "capabilities" up to the inidvidual GM?

Right now, there are two sections I see as being difficult for me to wing on my own: starship stats and races. The NPCs will be challenging but since I'm not sure to include them or not it might not even be an issue.

Cheers,

Monty

Well if you want to write up the TNG characters, you could just convert the ones from the FASA TNG Sourcebook (though I'd say it's pretty much out of date compared to what we know of the characters now). You could always covert the ICON versions to FASA (I believe FASA-ICON conversion rules are available).

Though having said all that, I'd probably suggest just leaving their stats up to GM discretion.

Many years ago, when I still played FASA, I sat down with the ship construction rules and figured out a pretty accurate method of creating stats for new warp and impulse systems (and their values) and weapons and WDF factors etc etc. Unforutnately, I have no idea what I did with all this stuff, and it's so long ago I don't really remember much.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

You should work on the history, the FASA game had a unique universe of its own based on fandom at that time and it was quite colorful. I would suggest redo the movie dates a bit to bring them more in to line with what we see now (example move Wrath of Kahn and Search for Spock up the time line) then extrapulate working in canon with the older dating system, dump most of the political stuff seen in the Officers Handbook.

Once upon a time I maintained a FASA-Trek webpage. Though it is gone from the web I have it on my hard-drive. I can zip it up and e-mail it to someone if they'd like to make use of it - has a lot of old ships from contributors on the FASA-Trek mailing list, some campaign ideas, and a character generation system I wrote up.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I'd actually done some work on FASATrek right up to season 6 of TNG. We had a character creation system based largely on the FASATrek system with my own material and contributions from my fellow players. Unfortunately, all the material was lost last year when my hard-drive crashed and burned and like a true fool, I omitted to back up the file.

I would love to help out in this endeavour, as I always felt FASA Trek could use a Modernization as a system. Let me know how I can help. I have loads of old FASA sups and a few issues of Stardate.

DanS - I for one would love to see your old stuff

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    Once upon a time I maintained a FASA-Trek webpage. Though it is gone from the web I have it on my hard-drive. I can zip it up and e-mail it to someone if they'd like to make use of it - has a lot of old ships from contributors on the FASA-Trek mailing list, some campaign ideas, and a character generation system I wrote up.
    Dan,

Send it my way... PLEASE!!! Is it okay with you if I add some stuff to my webpage?

Dave,

I'll fire it off to you sometime this week. Feel free to use it. I didn't write all of it but obtained permission to use it from the authors (some of whom I believe you may find here as well... )
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Cool! Thanks!

I would also be interested in what old files you have Dan.

Thanks in advance

Monty

Thumbs up Me Too!

I'd love to get a copy of anything that adds to my repository of good ol' fashion FASA goodness.

AndorMan
    Bad to the Blue

FASA TNG character creation.

I made up my own TNG-era character creation. It was exactly the same as normal char gen except that I completely rewrote many of the branch school training.

This worked quite well for my group, we used it for many years of TNG-era FASA goodness until I made the switch to ICON. I've still got that somehwere.

If you need help with this there is a group of FASA players
    that might be of assistance to you. I've already posted your requests there....

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheFAS...iverseE-group/
    We Fight To Enrich The Spirit. (qa' aIje'meH maSuv):House Motto.

If anyone wants to get hold of me with suggestions,questions, etc on this sourcebook here's my e-mail:

hamwich1@hotmail.com

I don't have a lot of time or energy recently to really get this rolling but I do intend to do this at some point.

I'm gratified that some players and GMs of the Fasatrek game came out of the woodwork to show interest.

cheers,

Monty H.