Thread: 2 page Charcater Sheet (PDF Form)

2 page Character Sheet (PDF Form)

As advertised on the "Starship Sheet" thread, here is my take at a character sheet. It's a pdf form, formatted for A4 (210x297mm) with enough room for skills to make everyone happy.

For those of you still not used to Acrobat PDF Forms: You can fill in the form fields using Acrobat Reader, but to save any changes to this files you'll have to use Acrobat Writer.
    To get rid of the dots denoting favored attributes and reactions just klick on them.

Edit: And just to be sure to get ahead of the smart-alec who is sure to comment on the typo in the thread title: Yes I noticed that. It just proves that you shouldn't drink and post at the same time
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lancer; 06-23-2002 at 02:54 PM.

Wow

I really like this sheet.

That is all.

Very cool.

Minor nitpick: I'd prefer the Star Trek RPG 'logo' on page 1 as opposed to page 2. I don't know why really.

One more thing - reading the space combat rules I wondered whether it would make sense to have the various maneuvers (helm, tactical, command) on different sheets, which the character currently at the respective station could have in front of them.

This way, the helm officer has all the maneuvers available to him on his sheet. (Or did I get it all wrong?)
    If I should ever get around to actually buying Acrobat, I'd give it a try myself, but alas.. 'tis the filthy lucre (or lack thereof) holding me back again.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

Just showed the players this sheet; they really like this one. We liked the flow of Don's but I doubt it's getting finished any time soon.

I agree Joe's comment on the RPG name thing...but I'd just leave it out completely -- maybe use the space as a another 'notes' area. Just a suggestion; it looks great either way.

Great job, Lancer!
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by qerlin
    I agree Joe's comment on the RPG name thing...but I'd just leave it out completely -- maybe use the space as a another 'notes' area
    Oh, you mean something like this.

It's just the 2nd page of the above attached file with the "Star Trek Roleplaying Game" replaced by another blank form field.

"As the Vulcans say we're here to serve."
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lancer; 06-23-2002 at 03:22 PM.

Cool

I like the look of it, but I'd prefer to have lines in the abilities, flaws, edges, etc. sections. I tend to write diaginally if I don't have lines.

Da Guru
    Space: The Foodless Frontier...

Star Trek for the D20 System

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/startrekforthed20system/

Originally posted by Champions Guru
    I like the look of it, but I'd prefer to have lines in the abilities, flaws, edges, etc. sections. I tend to write diaginally if I don't have lines.
    An understandable desire, but IMO that would have spoiled the whole LCARS look.

I have a 3-4 page character sheet in the planning stage with more room for background info and biographical data.
    I'll think about including some lines on that sheet, but as I don't want to change the general look, but just expand the sheet its unlikely that you will see any lines on one of my sheets in the near future. Sorry. Guess you'll just have to start writing horizontal instead of diagonal.

Great sheet, Lancer. I'll probably be using this for the NPCs in game, but for a PC sheet, I prefer to have all the skills listed. Maybe it's just me...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.