Thread: Political Series?

Talking Political Series?

Hi..

I've just watched 13 Days (bloody brilliant movie, btw) and wondered whether anyone has tried running a political campaign?
    Meaning the players as politicians or diplomats in a highly sensetive and dangerous scenario. (similiar to the Cuba-Crisis)

Have you encountered any particular problems?
    Any highlights? Or advice?

Joe

Perrryyy Guest

Lightbulb

Haven't done it, but I've toyed with the idea of writing a "Florida" scenario. Never thought about it long enough to get anything down "in stone", just pondered it.

------------------
    Impossibilities are merely things which we have not yet learned. — Charles W. Chesnutt

Thumbs up

yup. most of our campaign has been high politics. works great. the current captain of the ship in the campaign started as a diplomat. we've also run spies.

Wink

Yes, I currently play in a highly political campaign.

I was the commander of a Klingon-Orion space station known as Ti'Vok'Kalow. I had to be an ambassador, negotiator, mediator, and a commander all at the same time.

Recently, the station was destroyed by a Green Orion faction because they feel they don't have the same rights as the Ruddy Orions. I then got caught up in an Orion civil war, but managed to get out before being shot.

It's an average year in the life of a Klingon.

Hm, gets me in the mind to run something along the lines of '5 Days in May.' Love that movie. Alittle espionage, a little action, a lot of conspiracy. Hm...

Pat