Thread: 4 page Character Form (PDF)

4 page Character Form (PDF)

Here is my latest take at a character sheet. It's 5 pages including 2 for skills, one with blank fields and the other with all skills listead, to choose from.

EDIT: Original file attachment replaced with a new version. The only changes to the older file are the corrected spelling of Savvy and the addition of a page with more blank fields for notes, background history, etc.
    This page is available on its own further down this thread for all of you who downloaded the older version and don't want to DL another one just for a typo correction.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lancer; 06-27-2002 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks Lancer!
    Insert something clever

We were just switchng over to your other sheet. May have to move over to this one instead.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

small nitpick: there's a spelling error in one of the Reactions. It should be "Savvy" Not "Savy".

It is a great sheet. I am printing it out right now to use in my campaign. Finally, a color sheet that doesn't hurt my eyes...

Allen

It burns...it burns....

All kidding aside, I agree with AllenS about it not hurting my eyes to look at...very pleasant. Nice job...I personally don't care if you spelled anything wrong...its your sheet...mis-spell anything you like.
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Cool

Just finished rewriting my character on your new sheet. Really excellent work. Yeah, you didn't spell "savvy" correctly- Like any of my players would notice!
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Used it tonight. Only comment from the players -- needs a spot for personal history, etc... The weapons area could probably be halved in size.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Cool

I just used the notes sections for personal history. Worked just fine.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Originally posted by qerlin
    Used it tonight. Only comment from the players -- needs a spot for personal history, etc... The weapons area could probably be halved in size.
    I used the same fields for weapons I had on my 2 page sheet, but you are right; I could have deleted a line or two from the weapons list - I just never even thought of it.
    And you just wait till you have the first Soldier/Weapon Master/Assassin combination in your game. You might have a use for all those lines after all. Heck, even a run-of-the-mill Klingon security officer might need 4 lines at least: Disruptor, Disruptor rifle, Bat'leth and Mek'leth (sp?).

As for personal history, etc. I'll add another page with only blank fields for notes and such. Should be here at about 22:00 GMT at the latest.

Originally posted by qerlin
    We were just switchng over to your other sheet. May have to move over to this one instead.
    Sorry to cause you any inconvenience.
    But don't worry, this is gonna be my final character sheet, as I am quite satisfied with it and don't see any reason to start on yet another sheet.

Everybody:
    Thanks for the postive feedback. I really appreciate it.

This sheet is SPECTACULAR! I love it. Especially the clever use of white checkboxes to indicate favored attributes and reactions... marvelous.

Would you let me translate this sheet (and tweak it a little, though I think I'll almost keep the original design entirely) so I can use it with my group? No internet distribution intended.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Originally posted by Dr. Jonas Bashir
    Would you let me translate this sheet (and tweak it a little, though I think I'll almost keep the original design entirely) so I can use it with my group? No internet distribution intended.
    Sure, go ahead. And I don't have any problem with this sheet being distributed, as long as no one claims it as their own work.

And here is the page for additional notes mentioned in the edit to my thread starter:
    Attached Files Attached Files