View Poll Results: Assuming you've seen it, how would you rate the trailer?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (worst, this is going to be crap!)

2 4.08%

1 2.04%

2 4.08%

4 8.16%
  • 5 (average)

4 8.16%

2 4.08%

7 14.29%

10 20.41%

7 14.29%
  • 10 (CANNOT WAIT CANNOT WAIT CANNOT WAIT!)

10 20.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What dou you think of the ST:Nemesis Trailer?

What dou you think of the ST:Nemesis Trailer?

I give it a 10. This is going to be AWESOME!
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

I gave it an 8. It's a pretty good trailer.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I find it gives too much away, stunts-wise.

8 out of 10.

I am more excited about this than Indgestion...er...I mean Insurrection

Damned if I know! I can download Quick Time 5.2 (or whatever version I need) for some uknown reason.

Thumbs down

I very much hope that there is more to the movie than to its trailer. The trailers for First Contact and Insurrection showed or hinted at characterization or ethical issues in those films' plots, but I see none of that in the Nemesis trailer...just action sequences. The seeming lack of any substance really turns me off. I give it a 4 ("hope springs eternal").
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Originally posted by Erik Filean
    I very much hope that there is more to the movie than to its trailer. The trailers for First Contact and Insurrection showed or hinted at characterization or ethical issues in those films' plots, but I see none of that in the Nemesis trailer...just action sequences. The seeming lack of any substance really turns me off. I give it a 4 ("hope springs eternal").
    You forget that the persons in charge of Star Trek these days care more about appealing to the "average moviegoing audience" than they do to actual Trekkies. The ethical issues they at least tried to present in FC and Insurrection were probably denounced as "too intellectual" by Paramount.

Originally posted by erhershman

You forget that the persons in charge of Star Trek these days care more about appealing to the "average moviegoing audience" than they do to actual Trekkies. The ethical issues they at least tried to present in FC and Insurrection were probably denounced as "too intellectual" by Paramount.
    I "forget" nothing of the kind, and the opinions you express here are not mine. Please don't put words in my mouth.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Originally posted by Erik Filean

I "forget" nothing of the kind, and the opinions you express here are not mine. Please don't put words in my mouth.
    Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to imply anything, and I hope I haven't indavertantly started a flame war.

The trailer rocks...

It's actually better than some of the full-length movies that bear the name Star Trek. Damn good graphics - action scenes - Worf making the same stupid one-liners (I really want for Picard to reply "No s***, Worf.").

Actually, it showed things I have always waited for Star Trek to do in a movie: ground scenes in a modified humvee, Data free-floating in space, and the Romulans (long over due, glad they waited for the Next Gen crew).

The real question, since just about every Trekker knows the plot, is: what they mean by "A Generations Final Journey Begins" ?
    ~~~randy~~>

To paraphrase a friend of mine...

"I had 7 years of ethics and characters, I want some damn phaser fights!"

In all seriousness, I can't handle another deeply moving ethical TNG movie. I know, I know, action is not everyone's cup of tea. I totally get that and understand it and do not for a moment think anyone who wants ethics and morality plays and character developement is wrong or stupid or anything negative.

(wow that was one run on sentance)

I just want to see a good old fashioned starship fight where one ship doesn't over gun the other. I guess I won't see it in this one either

Still it looks close to the script I read months ago and it seemed okay then.

Not great, but okay. Let's see what they do with the visuals.

However, seeing as how TWoK seems to keep coming top as Favourite Trek movie... I dont recall much in the way of Ethics there... Just a lot of action.

'A Generations Last Journey begins.'

hmmm. Yep, they should talk to their promotions people, as I have seen two interviews in magzines (Patrick Stewart and Rick Berman) both of which specifically do not rule out an 11th movie...

So this could already be incorrect...

and back to the; 'Best villain since Khan' statement that was bandied about a while back...

I cant see this. He seemed to have this whole Queen Amadala over-pronounciation thing going on... But didn't really catch me as a super-villain. Of course, they still have not learned.

Why was Khan the best villain? Because the audience had an attachment to the charactre from his appearance in Space Seed. They had the back-story filled out, rather than have to rush an explanation.

So by that measure, they need to do the same, either Kivas Fajo or Sela. Dammit. I want Sela!!!

However, it does look good. Even if we are getting ANOTHER shuttle design...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I liked it quite a bit. It reminded me a lot of the Star Wars Episode II trailers (dark and dramatic).

Originally posted by erhershman

Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to imply anything, and I hope I haven't indavertantly started a flame war.
    You didn't. I was having a bad day, and I really don't care to be part of the personality-bashing approach to Trek fandom. But sorry for the snippy reaction.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Originally posted by AslanC
    To paraphrase a friend of mine...

"I had 7 years of ethics and characters, I want some damn phaser fights!"

In all seriousness, I can't handle another deeply moving ethical TNG movie. I know, I know, action is not everyone's cup of tea. I totally get that and understand it and do not for a moment think anyone who wants ethics and morality plays and character developement is wrong or stupid or anything negative.

(wow that was one run on sentance)

I just want to see a good old fashioned starship fight where one ship doesn't over gun the other. I guess I won't see it in this one either

Still it looks close to the script I read months ago and it seemed okay then.

Not great, but okay. Let's see what they do with the visuals.
    I have no objection to action, but I don't care to plunk down my money only to find out that the movie is a series of action set-pieces and effects sequences strung together by a flimsy thread of "plot" and a couple of throwaway references to the shows.

First Contact was heavy on action, but there was at least the matter of Picard's uncharacteristic vengefulness to give it something else.

Wrath of Khan was heavy on action, but it also had the best character writing of the TOS films and it really was the only one to make the crew's aging a plot element rather than a plot gimmick (or ignore it altogether).

This is only the trailer, but it has failed to really make me go "wow" as a prospective audience member. Maybe the only shot that did that was the first one, the CGI shot of the Senate district on Romulus--clearly done with reference to earlier matte paintings, but using the film budget and CGI effects to really make me think "hey, that's the Star Trek universe, and they made it look GOOD."
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra