Thread: The most infuriating characters your players have ever come up with

The most infuriating characters your players have ever come up with

Continuing the "annoying incidents" trend rocking the Narrator's Ready Room...

What concepts/stats/portrayals for characters have your players come up with that just made you want to kill them? This thread can be for Star Trek RPGs or other games as well, if you've got some good stories for other games.

1. Wanting to be Wesley Crusher's long lost half-brother. ( I almost shot this kid, I swear.)

2. Playing a sexy female conn officer who asked every single male NPC she met out on a date... when she talked to the Romulan commander on the viewscreen, she said... "So... how about Saturday night, then?"
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Lets see....

My players orginially wanted to play Hooty McBoob and Chesty LaRoe, the Margret Holihans of Starfleet....Need I say more?

Kyle

Posted by erhershman:
    1. Wanting to be Wesley Crusher's long lost half-brother. ( I almost shot this kid, I swear.)
    Let me strangle this player. Such characters do not deserve to live past the first 5 minutes. Then a massive Klingon should pop out of nowhere and while chanting battle songs rip the character limb from limb. No rolls whatsoever, only sweet narration...
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

The most infuriating character concept I had ever come across was a Starfleet character, the child of Vulcan/Klingon and Betazoid/Deltan halfbreeds.

The character concept ran that the child had inherited increased Vulcan Strength, Intelect and Psionic powers, Deltan Pheromones, Betazoid Telepathy and easy-going nature, and Klingon Brak'ul, temper, sense of honour and robustness...

Unable to find a place in the universe, the character joined Starfleet and was lost to the Borg at Wolf 359. Several years later, he was free'ed by Q on a whim and given the powers of a Q...

Now he wants nothing more than to live a normal life and return to Starfleet...

So what we are looking at here, was the universes strongest warrior, combined with a powerful teep, totally irresistable to the opposite sex... Added to Borg enhancements and of course the power of a Q.

I asked the player to explain how the other 5 players would manage to do anything... ever... And said no.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

STuff like -- my character is incredibly smart, strong, fights like a lion, invests thing constantly...but has no social skills whatsoever; the character doesn't interact with anyone, hanging out in their lab until it's time to kill stuff. My question: why bother?

But that's more of a player annoyance than a character annoyance.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I create the most annoying characters in my games, as NPC's. Just to torment my players.

The nephew of James T. Kirk, who's secretly psionic, worked for SI as a Black Ops Agent, was recruited and betrayed by Section 31, and now is part of an Anti-31 conspiracy. And just happens to be their security officer.

The "Captain out of Time" who captured and rewired a Romulan Whitewind Cruiser so 1 man could run it, and took out half the Rom Neutral Zone fleet before the crew caught up with him.

The Kzin Security Ensign who's really a pussycat once you get to know him.

The ship's Librarian, an El-Aurian who remembers, photographically, everything he's ever read over the last 800 years, and thusly knows everything about everything. And he's a martial arts expert.

Oh, and of course, Lucifer. Yes, I have the Devil as an NPC. They've run into him twice now. And they're working under a cryptic prophecy.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I think I can put it quite easily in one simple name:

Arnold Rimmer.

One of my group has made an engineering ensign that is based heavily on old 'Iron-Balls' Rimmer from Red Dwarf.
    For those of you that haven't seen Red Dwarf he's a chicken soup vending machine repair-man, he has an interest in 20th-century telegraph poles. He's the most anally-retentive man ever. He labels and orders his socks. And one player's made a character based on him.
    I'm thinking of having an irritatingly smug and successful alternate reality version of him turn up. I think I'll call him "Ace". Until then he's going to share quarters with the other ensigns and I'll see if they kill him.

Charlie E/N

I'm thinking of having an irritatingly smug and successful alternate reality version of him turn up. I think I'll call him "Ace". Until then he's going to share quarters with the other ensigns and I'll see if they kill him.
    Ah! What a guy!

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Ah, I think I'll get my other players together secretly and coach them on saying "What a guy!" at the same time, just to see the look on the guy's face.

Charlie E/N