Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any news about the narrator screen...?

Question Any news about the narrator screen...?

Hi...

I just went to the Decipher web site and saw the release date for the narrator's screen was june... Since my RPG shop in Rennes is not so hooked on STRPG, I just have to rely on this board to know when products are out (and when I can order them).

But I guess the screen isn't out yet...? Is it possible to know when it will presumably be out? I can't wait

Thanks a lot for any information you can provide.

Cheers
    KW

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Trouble with Decipher site is, as long as a product's name has not been "hyperlinked", its release date is only tentative. For instance, the Narrator Guide was supposed to be released on May... so this means that the June release date for the Screen will (obviously) be postponed (wich BTW makes me fear the awaited Starship book to be released somewhere in November at this rate... ).
    So in the meantime I guess CODA Narrators will have to content themselves with a screen from another game and lots of book flipping during games

Now if someone happens to have any additional info, or some glimpse of a Narrator Screen in a LGS, I'd welcome it too.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I must say, I don't care if we have to wait two more months to get it, provided the art or (preferably) the pictures are nicer than LUG's DS9 screen.
    <I>And</I> I <I>do</I> care about the number of folds ... 3 (like LUG's) is definitely too small.
    Something like the first WEG SW screen would be great: fourfold, with a nice B-Wings picture on a snazzy background. Neat.
    Well, just hoping .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

FWIW, Gamer's Attic is taking pre-orders for the screen as we speak. Pre-order before 1 July and it's just $10.50.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

What do you say, LUG's screen has 3 folds ? Mine has 6... oh wait, that's cause I'm using both TNG and DS9 screens together
    Art would be fine, but I also hope the tables inside will be useful and easy to read... wich was not always the case for LUG's screen (last time I complained so much about never finding the table I needed that one of my players offered to give me his Vampire screen instead ).
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Thanks for your answers I agree with the four-fold screen. I'm using LUG's DS9 for now, and three is definitely not enough...

Unhappy

Decipher's release dates have gone back recently.

The screen is now listed as July. The LE has gone back to August along with the Starfleet Operations Manual.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Unhappy

Thanks very much for the info... I guess we'll have to wait

Any news ? We're in the middle of July and the Decipher site still has no info...
    Terry Pratchett

However, the GROG lists it as 4 folds, which is good news .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Exclamation

According to Owen and Ken, whom I spoke with at Origins, the /Narrator's Screen/ is at the printer and right on schedule for a late July/early August release. Look for it just before or after GenCon.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

A friend of mine, who deals directly with a distributor, got an "early pre-order form" for it yesterday afternoon. I guess it's on its way sooner than later.

Great I really can't wait!

Good news, campers!

I just received word that, whiel we don't have an official ship date yet, the Narrator's Screen is at the printers as we speak.

Also, price-wise, it will have a SRP of $15.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

When the stuff has been at the printers for the last two books, it was usually 2-3 weeks after that 'til shipment.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill