Thread: Two page Character Sheet.

Two page Character Sheet

I've made a Coda character sheet. Black & white and only two pages.

If you're interested in that, then here it is:

http://home.insightbb.com/~mrzoink/
    Last edited by MrZoink; 07-07-2002 at 02:43 AM.

Nice clean sheet. Good one

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Looks good. Now if only it was a form...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Well personally, I prefer to just print out my sheets and write on them. That way you can just update on the fly, and not have reprint every time your characters advance (easier on the environment)

Of course having said that, I'd rather electronicise everyone's characters and just have a Palmtop PC for everyone

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

... and just have a Palmtop PC for everyone
    Call that easy on the environment?!? What about all the rare metals contained in your palmtop? Specially if you have to get new ones every time your characters advance .

Mind you, Palmtops for every player'd be nice ... (dreamful thinking) ...
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

PDF Form

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    Looks good. Now if only it was a form...
    And now it is!
    I've never done one of these before, so let me know what problems turn up with it.

Thumbs up

Hey, quite good for a first try.

Just a few small comments:
    - Personaly I like to have a "+" before positive attribute modifiers and with the reactions, but that's just me.
    - You could add the fact that all the little boxes are check boxes to the note or change the field order, so you get to the boxes immediatly before (or after) you fill out the fields for skill, attributes and reactions.
    - For the skill groups it would be nice if all the lines would calculate the skill total without having to write the attribute modifier each line.
    - When you create fields check that the field is high enough that it won't cut off the lower part of the letters g, y, j and q once you leave the field. It's easier to read when a y doesn't look like a v. (I realize sometimes you just don't have the room for a large enough field.)

All in all only very small comments and no major problems. Well done.

I've found that the "no +" thing is a limitation of pdf forms. (I can't think of a single form I've seen where it shows the "+"...)

Now, for my comments:

I agree that the attribute modifiers should be input on all the skills.[list=1][*]Looks great. Really. Probably will use it for my game. [*]I agree that the attribute modifiers should be entered for all skills (even the blank spaces below a skill group).[*]Slight problem with the tab order. After the first line of Science, it takes you to the Strength checkbox and then back to the next line under science.[*]There's no real need for a tab stop in the "Total" fields under Reactions, Defense, Initiative, or Skills. (Although I would leave the ones on Attributes so you can adjust for age if needed...)[*]Since some professions give you a specific skill within a skill group as a professional skill (for example, Enterprise: Administration for a Command Officer), you might want to put the checkboxes on all skill lines.[*]Also, as someone else mentioned, you might want to put the tab stops for the check boxes either before or after the item they are next to. Would go faster that way. [*]Why did you put numeric fields at each of the wound levels? (Just curious...)[*]Instead of having the nine blanks each for edges and flaws, I'd suggest you just make them one big field you can type into.[*]And one last thing: No spaces for Species & Professional Abilities? (I'm currently using the Notes sections...)[/list=1]

Now, this may seem like a lot of criticism, but I really do like the sheet...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Thanks for the feedback, I've tried to fix and change what I could.

Quoted from Lancer:

"- You could add the fact that all the little boxes are check boxes to the note or change the field order, so you get to the boxes immediatly before (or after) you fill out the fields for skill, attributes and reactions."

Done and done.

"- For the skill groups it would be nice if all the lines would calculate the skill total without having to write the attribute modifier each line."

Done.

"- When you create fields check that the field is high enough that it won't cut off the lower part of the letters g, y, j and q once you leave the field. It's easier to read when a y doesn't look like a v. (I realize sometimes you just don't have the room for a large enough field.)"

I think I got that fixed. If you find any fields with that problem, drop me a note.

Qutoed from Doug Burke:

"Slight problem with the tab order. After the first line of Science, it takes you to the Strength checkbox and then back to the next line under science.:

Fixed.

"There's no real need for a tab stop in the "Total" fields under Reactions, Defense, Initiative, or Skills. (Although I would leave the ones on Attributes so you can adjust for age if needed...) "

Fixed. There is now no tab stop on Attribute total either though, since you can't change it by hand anyway. If you need to modify for age, you'll need to cheat by changing species modifier or number rolled.

"Since some professions give you a specific skill within a skill group as a professional skill (for example, Enterprise: Administration for a Command Officer), you might want to put the checkboxes on all skill lines."

Changed.

"Why did you put numeric fields at each of the wound levels? (Just curious...)"

I'm not certain why they are there either. They're on the official sheet in the Player's Guide, so I stuck 'em on this sheet too. I use them to record Max Wounds.

"Instead of having the nine blanks each for edges and flaws, I'd suggest you just make them one big field you can type into."

Changed

And one last thing: No spaces for Species & Professional Abilities?(I'm currently using the Notes sections...)

Changed.

Thanks again for the comments.

Originally posted by MrZoink
    "Why did you put numeric fields at each of the wound levels? (Just curious...)"

I'm not certain why they are there either. They're on the official sheet in the Player's Guide, so I stuck 'em on this sheet too. I use them to record Max Wounds.
    One possible use would be if your wound penalties are modified by professional abilities or edges. Then you can write it down there and wouldn't have to remember checking your abilities each time you take a wound.