Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ship Dedication Quotes

UES Mars NX-1776

Fire first , Fire fast , FIre last in a fight . Reload for the next fight .

For the USS Kochanski (oberth class),
    "See you later, space cowboy"

closing quote from Cowboy Bebop.
    Star Trek: Revelations
    ep: 01x05 Countdown

USS Gilgamesh, Steamrunner class

From the serpents belly I rise made whole, my blood, my life, my soul, and the gods weep my coming.

USS Frailty, Runabout

In manner most foul, Death sits at my doorstep, waiting to take a holiday.

USS Inspiration, Science vessel

The Void. A thousand possibilites in striking contrast to the hazards and follies of youth. A harbinger of fear and hope, she shines with infinity. These steps, taken by happy few, lead the way toward the Great Unknown. Here, now, all things are made ours. We seek the unknown. We seek our destiny. We seek to find the wisdom and the beauty of ourselves.

She was an interesting vessel in the first LUGTrek game in which I played a child prodigy. The oldest character was 22 years old. The crew was made of entirely of children. There were adult advisors, but in the end, it was the children who made the discoveries, wrote the boring reports, and made the repairs. The game itself was an exploration of the child each of us clings to. The one that says, "I can do it," and, "Everything's going to be okay." It was the only game in which I felt like I had captured my earlier gaming experiences from when I was ten years old. Thanks Damian. You were one of the best.

Sorry for going on about it, maybe this post belongs in another thread, but I came across that plaque today while going through some of my things after getting a letter. Damian was one of ours over in Iraq.

I'm sorry again.

I haven't been able to read all the last replies yet, so I can only hope that no one came up with these:

For a Prometheus class vessel:

"One for all. All for one."

And this one will be ideal for any kind of ship designed to counter the borg threat.

"Built to resist."

(Eastpack, please don't sue me. )

And the last one comes from the Spiderman movie.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

I just love this one. I believe it could be used if you want to give your players a heavily armed ship like a Souvereign or Akira class vessel but prevent them from resolving every encounter with their superior firepower. Or at least it could be used to make them feel remorse.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Originally posted by Ergi
    "One for all. All for one."
    Oh, that is Goooood!

And the last one comes from the Spiderman movie.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

I just love this one. I believe it could be used if you want to give your players a heavily armed ship like a Souvereign or Akira class vessel but prevent them from resolving every encounter with their superior firepower. Or at least it could be used to make them feel remorse.
    Ah, the USS Ben Parker
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

USS Trucco NCC-606
    Oberth-class (F-GS)

"The possibilities of yes are always more interesting than the certainties of no."
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Y'Know, Ergi's post got me thinking: 'Would there be Federation Starships named after movie or comic book characters?'

Seeing that characters from mythology and literature are used, I ask, why not?

USS Charles Xavier, Nebula Class:
    "The next time you feel the need to show off, don't." (Have I got that one right, fellas?)

USS Incredible Hulk, Steamrunner Class:
    "Ira Furor Brevis Est"
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

A great quote I saw just last night:

"Death is always and under all circumstances a tragedy, for if it is not, then it means that life itself has become one." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Chris Landmark
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

That one has probably already been said, and I apologize in advance :

USS Nautilus
    Mobilis in mobile
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

USS CATLUNYA - Colorado Class Heavy/Fast Cruiser - DS9 era

"NO PASSARAN"

USS CATLUNYA - Colorado Class Heavy/Fast Cruiser - DS9 era

"NO PASSARAN"

USS Dauntless (Nebula Class Cruiser)

"Going where my heart will take me."

Hey, I like the theme song from Enterprise, but then everyone says I'm weird ...

U.S.S. Musashi ; Akira-class

"Without any confusion in mind, without slacking off at any time, polishing the mind and attention, sharpening the eye that observes and the eye that sees, one should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away."

- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
    John <br><br>What's so hard about inventing artificial intelligence? I see it every day...

U.S.S. Kinnison
    Akira-class

"As must every being who has ever worn or who ever will wear the Lens, each of you has proven repeatedly, to the cold verge of death, that he is in every respect worthy to wear it."
    -Edward Elmer Smith, Galactic Patrol

U.S.S. Ryo-Ohki
    Ryo-Ohki-class

"Meow!"
    -Ryo-Ohki

U.S.S. Chicago
    Excelsior-class

"What are you prepared to do?"
    -Sean Connery as Jim Malone, The Untouchables

U.S.S. Sulu
    Sovereign-class

"Knowing how to get somewhere is one thing; knowing why you're going there is another."
    -Hikaru Sulu
    Can I have some Amy Jo Johnson, mama?

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
    darkwingone@hotmail.com
    gameshowman@winning.com