Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ship Dedication Quotes

More Quotes

"Any dangerous spot is tenable if brave men will make it so." - John F. Kennedy

"...wisdom comes to us in dreams." - Chief Smohall of the Nez Perce

"We strain hardest for things which are almost but not quite within our reach." - Frederick Faber

"To achieve great things, we must live as though we were never going to die." Vauvenargues

"Heroism consists in hanging on one minute longer."

"No person was ever honored for what he received; honor has been the reward for what he gave." - Calvin Coolidge

And from my STARFLEET chapter:
    U.S.S. Parallax, Intrepid-Class Cruiser
    "Deeds, not words."
    "Pain heals...chicks dig scars...glory lasts forever!"

"C'mon you apes! Ya wanna live forever?"

Ship Motto

U.S.S. BLACKSTAR NCC-75003
    Sovereign-Class Starship
    "From The Darkness Of Blackest Night Shines The Brightest Star"

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Don't recall if I did this one before or not...

U.S.S. Leonidas "Molon Labe!"

(Pronounced "mo-lone la-veh")
    King Leonidas' answer at Thermopylae, when Xerxes of Persia offered to spare The Three Hundred and their allies if they would lay down their arms. Translated from Greek it means, "Come and take them!"
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Talking

Here's one for a training ship...

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work. - Vince Lombardi

USS Valkyrie, Galaxy-class, NCC-72500
    "Faith, Courage, Hope"

USS Eclipse, Nova-class, NCC-72153
    "A true heart can outshine the brightest star"

Don't know if this has been posted before:
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt

Thumbs up

http://www.quotationspage.com/

I was looking for an atribution for a quote I was going to post here as a ship plaque & found this site instead. Lot's of nifty stuff to be mined here...

To conquer others is to have power, to conquer yourself is to know the way. - Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln

A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus

People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest. - Hermann Hesse

Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think. - Ralph Waldo Emmerson

The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. - Lois McMaster Bujold

Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all. - William Goldman, "The Princess Bride"

And here's the one I was looking for...

U.S.S. Fabrizio Quattrocchi "Nothing so became his life as the leaving of it." William Shakespeare, Macbeth Act 1, Scene 1.

Originally posted by Cybrludite
    And here's the one I was looking for...

U.S.S. Fabrizio Quattrocchi "Nothing so became his life as the leaving of it." William Shakespeare, Macbeth Act 1, Scene 1.
    Well, if we are talking Macbeth, how about:

"I dare do all that may become a man; who dares do more is none" Act 1, Scene 6.

Originally posted by Lancer
    Well, if we are talking Macbeth, how about:

"I dare do all that may become a man; who dares do more is none" Act 1, Scene 6.
    That one would be better suited for the U.S.S. Patrick Tillman, I think. That or maybe the quote from the end of "Tale Of Two Cities" would work better for him. "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known." - Charles Dickens, "A Tale Of Two Cities"

USS Joshua Chamberlain: “Stand firm, ye boys of Maine, for not once in a century are men permitted to bear such responsibilities!" Joshua Chamberlain, July 2, 1863. Little Round Top.

OMS Lady Luck
    “Das Glück lacht dem Tapfren” (Original Credo in German)
    “Lady Luck smiles for the brave” (sort of translation ^^)

USS Ronald Reagan "Tear down this wall!"

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    USS Proteus (Timeship)

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

(Rough Translation - After it therefore because of it)

Sundowner
    Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

U.S.S Ashton and Seann (Shuttle Tender)

"Dude, Where's My Shuttle!?"
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Originally posted by Darth Sarcastic
    <b>USS Hanibal</b>
    "I ate his liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
    No, I think that should be:

USS Hannibal:
    " I love it when a plan comes together!"

Of course, that refers to the real-world, historical Hannibal...

Folks, this is a very educating thread! You're great!