Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ship Dedication Quotes

USS Tempest - Intrepid and later Sovereign-Class:

"Oh, brave new world, that has such people in it!"

And the Runabout USS Styx attached to the above vessels has the plaque:

"Remember - adventures are what happen to people who don't plan ahead!"

Actually, if they ever name a ship after my character, it'll probably have this as a bridge plaque:

"Resistance is futile, you say? Well, I have a Mark IV quantum torpedo here that begs to differ!!"
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

"Even if he is the only one, a man must stand." USS Hellcat, Akira-class

"I don't believe the devil, I don't believe his book. But the truth is not the same without the lies he made up." USS Enygma, Emerald-class

"I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart."
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

USS Gryphon Dedication

"The sentinel stars set their watch in the sky..."
    Jeffery "Shran" Keown
    Star Trek: Sovereign
    NCC-90201 "Jersey Style!"

Some good stuff! I'm going to have to bookmark this thread for the fleet based at Starbase 12, homebase of my Crew

The U.S.S. WarSpite NCC-1916, Enterprise-class (that's Constitution to you non-FASA fans):

“War is not one of the acts of life. On the contrary, it is a thing so horrible that nothing but the highest necessity or the deepest charity can make it right…”
    Huigh de Groot, De Jure Belli Ac Pacis (On The Laws Of War And Peace), 1625

My flatmate spotted that one, and it seemed appropriate for a Federation military vessel. This one was modified to Andorian standards - she's not the Crew's vessel! I'll be digging out something similar for her sister ships, Vanguard and Swiftsure.

Come to think of it, my sig file might be appropriate for the latter
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

From my TNG/DS9 Game

USS Yorktown (Galaxy Class)

"The "Fighting Lady"; she has taken lives and she has saved lives..."

From the Department of the Navy, Naval Historical Center, Washington D.C., USA, Sol III (About the USS Yorktown, CV-5)

And for my Movie era game

USS Hornet (Strike Carrier- Border Patrol)

Nick Named
    "The Grey ghost" (From the WWII Carrier Hornet, fitting because i has a Cloak)

Never stir up a Hive.......,

USS Swift - Harrier-class
    "He must be the best man in this world and a good enough man for any world..."

For those looking for dedication quotes, I can direct you to several good ones... Everyone remembers 80s Transformers, right???

Well, a lot of their quotes work nicely... scary, ain't it?

Websites with quotes:
    www.ntfa.net
    www.iocon.com/cj/tf/contents.htm

Enjoy

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom, Earth, Sector 001
    Originally posted by Imagus
    Some good stuff! I'm going to have to bookmark this thread for the fleet based at Starbase 12, homebase of my Crew

The U.S.S. WarSpite NCC-1916, Enterprise-class (that's Constitution to you non-FASA fans):

“War is not one of the acts of life. On the contrary, it is a thing so horrible that nothing but the highest necessity or the deepest charity can make it right…”
    Huigh de Groot, De Jure Belli Ac Pacis (On The Laws Of War And Peace), 1625

My flatmate spotted that one, and it seemed appropriate for a Federation military vessel. This one was modified to Andorian standards - she's not the Crew's vessel! I'll be digging out something similar for her sister ships, Vanguard and Swiftsure.

Come to think of it, my sig file might be appropriate for the latter
    Did you know that the real HMS Warspites motto was "Belli dura despicio" which means I despise the hardships of war.

Just a bit of useless info I'm just sad, I have a book on all seven Warspites.
    -------------------------
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

"In time of war, the law falls silent"

Admiral Ross to Dr Bashir

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    I've long had an idea for a NPC ship. Saber class, secretly modified for Section 31 use. Always seems to turn up to either save the day or turn up in the eye of whatever s--tstorm is wrecking havoc in the episode. I tend to follow the example set by the ship class names. Other Saber class ships they meet will have names like Chaka, Broadsword, Kuhkri, & Battleaxe. They won't think twice about meeting a Saber class ship named USS Morning Star. Until, that is, they notice that the motto on the dedication plaque says, "Non Serviam!" That was Satan's response to being ordered to pay homage to Adam. One of Satan's names was The Morning Star or the Light Bringer. Their runabout would have to be named something like Archeron, to keep with the theme.
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Defiant Class

The Defiant Class USS Glacier.

"Death is just around the corner." - Second Lieutenant Devlin Danar.

U.S.S.Andromeda, Nebula-Class;

"We promise not to blow ourselves up...again."
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Originally posted by Captain Leana Craig
    Did you know that the real HMS Warspites motto was "Belli dura despicio" which means I despise the hardships of war.
    I did not - but I'll happily use it, and switch the other to a different ship! Maybe the Vanguard...

Was that the World War I incarnation btw? If I got it right, the NCC number is the date of the Battle of Jutland

Originally posted by Captain Leana Craig
    Just a bit of useless info I'm just sad, I have a book on all seven Warspites.
    I have to put you in touch with my flat mate! He suggested the name in the first place...

This is all part of a concerted effort to anglicise Starfleet a little
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom, Earth, Sector 001
    Yep, the seventh and last HMS Warspite was at the Battle of Jutland in 1916. She was launched on 26/11/13.

Her official crest was a ships cannon on a green field. Her unofficail crest was a green woodpecker.

Her most famous captain was Sir Walter Raleigh in 1596( the year of her launch)

If you include your Warspite as the eight one, then she would have one of the longest histories in Starfleet, even longer than that of Enterprise
    -------------------------
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

"In time of war, the law falls silent"

Admiral Ross to Dr Bashir

"For Russians, drinking is their sure joy; we cannot be without it."--Vladimir of Kiev (956-1015)

USS Ukrania, NCC-1783 , Enterprise-class, Mk. III

"For just as mere life is not victory, so mere death is not defeat."--from Undefeated, a favorite song of House Gensa

IKV Kzinslayer, DXD-04 , X-Technology D7 Drone Cruiser

Tony
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."

<b>USS Enterprise NX-01</b>
    "Please get us a real theme song."

<b>USS Bozeman NCC-1941</b>
    "My name's 'Wild Bill' Kelso...and don't you forget it!"

<b>USS Powers NCC-3254-C</b>
    "Yeah baby!!"

<b>USS Hood</b>
    "Not another interspacial doorway!!"

<b>USS Hanibal</b>
    "I ate his liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

<b>USS Warner</b>
    "B...B...B...That's all folks!"
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf