Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Ship Dedication Quotes

can someone make this a sticky. It makes for a great reference!

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Perrryyy Guest
    and series seeds

USS Nautilus
    "Mobile in Mobilis" (actually, the dedication plaque onboard Nautilus in "20 thousand leagues under the sea")
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    USS George S. Patton: May God have mercy on my enemies. They're going to need it!
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

The USS Enola Gaye (Defiant Class)

"8.15"
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

U.S.S. Lewis and Clark

"...to attain that farthest shore."

Bump...

Isn't it the kind of thread we could add to the sticky list
    (at this rate, we'll have a full page of sticky threads within a couple of months)

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    I have two more to add to it due to this past weekend's tragedy...

USS Columbia "Thunder on!" (From the song "Fly, Columbia" by Julia Ekelar)

USS Phoenix "My wings are made of tungsten and my flesh is glass and steel. I am the joy of Terra for the power that I wield" (From the song "The Phoenix", again by Julia. It's about a dead astronaut re-incarnated as a spaceship...)

Two relating to the current war.

"We fight wars not to have peace, but to have a peace worth having." - Bill Whittle
    This one would be good for a post-Dominion War design that's better armed than previous Feddie designs. Sums up the whole "Why We Fight" discussion rather nicely.

The next one is the one that has been retroactively been selected for the Starfleet Marines game I play in online, Special Operations Task Force: Furies. Our ship is the USS Nemesis. (Named well before the movie came out, I might add...)

"The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction." Lt. Colonel Tim Collins, Royal Irish Guards

Given how the Furies operate, and what their mission statement is, it fits.
    Last edited by Cybrludite; 04-05-2003 at 01:20 AM.

USS Spike Segal "Bang"

USS Henderson "Mort Ab Alto"

U.S.S. Expedition (Expedition-Class)

"He who learns but does not think is lost. He who thinks, but does not learn is in danger."

---Confucius

U.S.S. Herod Agrripa

"The one who adapts his policy to the times prospers, and likewise that the one whose policy clashes with the demands of the times does not."
    --Nicollo Machiavelli, The Prince.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Moderator hat on...

Given the current ban on political discussion, it would be best, in my opinion, to tread carefully in linking the war in Iraq with this thread. It would be just as easy to use quotes from French or German ministers as dedication quotes.

Unless, of course, Don interprets the ban differently.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Talking

Uh...nothing was intended as commentary on the modern era in the quote. Sorry if anyone read more into that
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"