Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Ship Dedication Quotes

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    USS Xenophon "For you call no man master or lord; you bow your heads to none save to the gods alone." - Xenophon "Anabasis"
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

USS Anticipation NCC-8704 (Constellation Class)

"...if not today, nor yet tomorrow, then some other day."
    - DreamTheater

USS Nautilus NCC-77351 Intrepid-class

"Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real"
    -- Jules Verne

Tchau!
    Superseeds #111: Victoria, part 3. And check out our Patreon!
    Writing: Death of a Swordsman (in The Duelist's Guide), Atlas of Earth-Prime: South America (RPG), and more
    Patchworld: Unisystem Amber (fan)

the time is stand for justice is now and never later

USS Draco: "Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup."
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

USS Alexander NCC-511
    “Nothing is impossible to him who will try.”

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two View Post
    USS Draco: "Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup."
    Winner !

"Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"
    -Thomas Paine

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    -Benjamin Franklin

"A republic if you can keep it."
    -Benjamin Franklin

". . .if this War should continue, I wish to have the most active part in it"
    -John Paul Jones

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
    -Nathan Hale

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher.
    William Wordsworth

A man may devote himself to death and destruction to save a nation; but no nation will devote itself to death and destruction to save mankind.
    Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

A man, to be greatly good, must imagine intensely and comprehensively; he must put himself in the place of another and of many others; the pains and pleasures of his species must become his own.
    Percy Bysshe Shelley

Fear not for the future, weep not for the past.
    Percy Bysshe Shelley

This, to me, is the ultimately heroic trait of ordinary people; they say no to the tyrant and they calmly take the consequences of this resistance.
    Philip K. Dick

Never elated when someone's oppressed, never dejected when another one's blessed.
    Alexander Pope

Dreams are necessary to life.
    Anais Nin
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    USS Enghelab Square, NCC-1600 "History is watching us!" Mir Hossen Mousavi
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

USS Proteus (Luna-Class; NCC-80113): "A man's reach must exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"- Traditional

"Better lucky then good," FCS Coin (Ferengi)

"Im not always late, sometimes I just never show up," True quote of the U.S.S. Voyager

"Beep, Beep, Beep....." U.S.S. Sputneck (a cookie to the first to guess right where I got that one from, )

Last edited by Cdre Bob Wesley; 09-03-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

Not sure who said it.

“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.”