Thread: "Cantina"-like Space Station

"Cantina"-like Space Station

I'd like to start my next adventure in a Beta Quadrant space station, and I'd really like it to have an ambiance like the Cantina from Star Wars: A New Hope.

I'm even hoping to have it so that weapons aren't allowed (at least no phasers or disruptors). I don't know if that sort of thing has ever been done (or seen) in Star Trek before, but I'd really like to encourage some Unarmed Combat (like with some Nausicaan thugs). It's hard to imagine, though, a fight even getting that far when the PCs can simply pull out phasers and stun any unruly types.

Anybody ever done anything like this? Or can you recall any settings in Trek that might fit a locale like this? I'm remembering the one where Picard disguised himself as Galen or met Ro Laren undercover, or the bar in The Search for Spock. Some place where any alien would fit right in and a human-looking type might almost stand out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    No!

Nothing Like that.

To quote the great philosopher Dark Helmet, "Skip past that part. In fact, never play this again!"

I now need sandpaper for my brain.

Thanks a lot, TDK.

Too late, I already made deckplans...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Perfect! Let me know when you have everything mapped and statted out, TK!
    Doug Taylor
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Sam's Place.

Somewhere on the fringes of the Federation lies a derelict alien station. Discovered a couple of decades ago by a mysterious man known only as "Sam", it is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Anything can be had for a price, from death sticks to weapons. All forms of alien life can be found here.

Based loosely on concept drawings for DS9.

http://coldnorth.com/owen/images/SAM%27S.jpg

Nice! Thanks, Owen!
    Doug Taylor

I've always found it interesting that -- to me, anyway -- the concept art of Trek often looks so much better than the actual filming sets!

Drawing an awesome environment and building that set are two different things. Watch the Fangorn section of the LotR special features for an example...