• Constitution

13 16.05%
  • Akira

10 12.35%
  • Other (Please List on your post)

14 17.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Starships

Aesthetically, I like the Sovereign. The hull actually has some color variety, they got rid of the (from an engineering standpoint) insanely large weak spot (the "neck") and it looks fast and streamlined. The GCS and Nebula always looked bloated to me.

The Akira is a close second. The Promethius is OK, except for the multi-vector attack mode.

From a RPG rather than aesthetic/design perspective, a smaller ship is probably the best choice... a Nova, Defiant or Saber (depending upon the nature of the campaign).. a big ship either requires big opponents/threats or allows the players to overpower situations and take sleazy ways out (or requires the narrator to come up with what I consider bogus reasons why the crew cannot utilize the ship's full capabilities).
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank

This was tough since I kind of think of them by series and which ones I liked in each.

So I kind of have to go with the Constitution as my favorite since that is what started it all. With the D-7 and the Miranda as close runners up.

I like the fury class

I always liked the Ambassador and the refit of the
    Conny
    You don't have to like it, you just have to do it .
    Richard Marcinko

My vote was for the Constitution - specifically the refit.

They're just more graceful than all the others, although I like the Sovereign and the Akira (which is fine except for the side view!).
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

I favor the Ambassador class, myself. Shame I haven't had a game series yet where I've been able to use it!

J.H.

Talking It's gotta be Excelsior

I like Excelsior, but less for the ship itself, which remains largely undefined in the films, but for her captain.

It's all about Sulu, ever since I started watching the show as a little kid. He's just my favorite character in the Star Trek universe. While Chekov and Scottie do the fake accents, Sulu just has that deep, mellow thing down. And when the episodes got wacky, Sulu was usually at the forefront.

And then you get to Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Sulu really shines, even though he technically has very little screen time. But he's the only one of the crew who went on to captain his own ship, and what better ship than the Mighty Duck that is the Excelsior?
    -__-
    Ensign John "Ji Bao" Guo
    Tactical Officer, USS Achilles

If there were one, I think my favourite class would the the Toronto-class. Alas, I've never seen one, so I'll just have to go with...um...do I have to pick just one? I like so many for different reasons.

Salinger (Quack!)
    Salinger/TheDuck

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,
    and quacks like a duck...it's gotta be Salinger." -Quack!

"You're living in America/Leave your conscience at the tone."
    - Jonathan Larson, Rent

I like the Sovreign. It seems more graceful than GCS, Connie and
    others. Connie-refit is very pretty, though. I'd rather roleplay on a smaller ship. Defiant, Nova, maybe Intrepid (only 150 crew).

I gotta say lately I have been real partial to the Excelsior Refit.

She is a sexy beast!

Originally posted by AslanC
    I gotta say lately I have been real partial to the Excelsior Refit.

She is a sexy beast!
    Oh, behave!
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

But she is, she is!

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Miranda-class, all the way. Even that funky refit one that Frazier commanded. The one with what looked like a T-34/85 turret mounted on the roll-bar. (How that could be a sensor pod, I have no idea...)
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

I picked Galaxy-class, mostly because just sooo much is known about it. If there were deckplans or a tech manual on the Sovereign, I might change my vote.

I also happen to like the Danube-class runabouts a lot. A Lot.

The Danube is my favorite roleplayiong ship...if I could ever get my players onto one.