Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is lug dead

Is lug dead

Is lug dead or is it just this forum?
    You don't have to like it, you just have to do it .
    Richard Marcinko

Perrryyy Guest

Not dead

LUG isn't dead, as long as we remember it

Seriously, I don't own the CODA books & don't have a local gaming group, so LUG is it for me.

So for me, LUG isn't dead

I'm happy with LUG ... that is, I will be when I can finally figure out a definitive way to fix the despised "drama-die" rule ...

Seriously, I own far too many LUG books (almost all of them, actually) to immediately give up on that system. And for the most part, it was a pretty good set of rules, y'know?

So, for me, LUG is still alive and kicking!
    Voka a Bentel
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Lt. Jabara Eris
    DS18 Station Counselor, Prylar and All-Around Groovy Guy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... Let us never forget Bajor's sacrifices under the Cardassian Occupation ...
    ... http://remember-forever.tripod.com ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still use it for my Romulan game.

How DO we fix that drama die rule? I've been thinking... I've thought of but tossed aside the following ideas as unworkable:

1 - Instead of the drama die, have for every "6" showing, a +2 to test result.

2 - Instead of the drama die, increase variability by using d10s or possibly d8s instead of d6s.

But those are worse. Still thinking.

I didn't think I get that quick of a response. I have also invested to much money buying several of the books. The only one I am interested in obtaining is TOS Corebook.

Diamond I have tried emailing you about the stuff you have for the Movie area that you were working on. If I can get a copy of any of it I would greatly appricate it.
    Richard Marcinko

I have been using d10's in my game it seems to work pretty good

Yes. LUG (as in Last Unicorn Games) is dead. Their gaming system ICON, which I presume is your real questoin is not. At least until the Secret RPG police (spponsored by WOTC) come round to confiscate all non D20 roleplay books. If your wondering why this board is non-active. The simple fact of the matter is that people ARE switching to CODA, which means that if you want to see activity you will have to start sriting.

There are many of us here, but CODA is new, therefore leading to lots of questions and input. While there has been sevreal years of input already here.

Dont make that mean that you are not watching the CODA boards, as is often the case, soe ideas show up there, that would be more suited towards the non-system specific Narrators board.

Besides, whats so bad about the Drama Dice? I found it favoured the PC's far more than the fumble rule. ie; a specific dice rolls 6 far more often than ALL dice come up 1's...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Thumbs up

I for one don’t plan to go over to CODA. I like the ICON system, is has it’s flaws, but all systems do. Also I have all the ICON books, and really don’t want to spend more money on a new system.

Count me in with the definate ICON-heads. I own plenty of the sourcebooks, it's a rather decent system, and I have no desire to start on a different one, be it old FASA or Decipher, or anything else.
    We've been here from the start, with the robot beat. We're the sound of tomorrow; we're the robot beat.

I for one will switch to CODA... but all my ICON books won't go to the garbage can. There are tons of good stuff there that can easily be used with CODA - if only with some minor number conversion. Plus, there are many ICON rules I'm gonna keep in CODA (like the Renown for instance), so for me ICON's not dead either - just partially replaced.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

As a player of 'dead games' I will continue to favor LUGTrek (along with Traveller, D6 Star Wars, Bushido. . .)

I am glad to see that there are still several people out there that prefer lug. If anyone have any overlays they like to share like lancer did.
    Richard Marcinko

Lug 4 Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thierry, I'll post on this site when I have it in electronic format.

Rather a large number of overlays have been at one time or another venued on this site... try using the search feature for "Overlay", I think you'll find that will turn up lots but you may have to dig.

Kirbinator, when you say you use d10s, were you using that instead of or in addition to the drama die rule? Did you find you had to tweak the target numbers?