Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Prime Directive is out.

Actually, that's what I've already done... just offering a suggestion for future use. Perhaps if they do a "ground forces manual" or something like was done for GURPS Traveller.

Originally posted by Eric R.
    Calguard if you feel limited by the lack of PDF packages why not take a look at the World War II core book for example there's packages for:

Riflemen 50 pts
    Armor Crewman 50 pts
    Artilleryman 50 pts
    Marine 65 pts
    Recon Trooper 60 pts
    Partrooper 65 pts
    Combat Engineer 60 pts
    Sniper 65 pts
    Commando 75 pts
    Old Guard Officer 75 pts
    Bomber crewmen 50 pts
    Fighter pilot 60 pts
    Sailor 50 pts
    Resistance Fighter 50 pts

All of which with a little wriest greese (typing or writing) can be shaped up for Prime Directive until further info comes out fro ADB. Also in In the small cheap Commando Book Hand of Steel has good customization notes (as well as adventure ideas) on commandoes which might help.
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    I know some people think that the SFB universe is just plain wrong, but I would like to point out that until the movies and STTNG came along, it was all we had. The first few movies didn't show anything that showed Starfleet in a less militaristic light. TOS had plenty of instances where Kirk wasn't exactly handing out olive branches. It was always assumed that a Klingon or a Romulan was an enemy. The Federation had had wars with them and was in a cold war during the series. There was a little incident with the Gorn (they only destroyed an outpost), the Tholians (trapped starships in their web). To me, the TOS Starfleet was a military organization. Exploration was one of its duties and maybe it chief peacetime concern, but it's other job was defense and to train for that you have to train for war. Sorry.
    babbling and venting.
    Heck, even Riker considered himself a soldier.
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

FWIW, the GURPS Traveller character templates could be dropped into a GURPS Prime Directive game with little to no modification - a good source for nonmilitary templates.