Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on that song from ENTERPRISE

Opinions on that song from ENTERPRISE

You know the one. After a discussion of it's relative merits as the main theme from a STAR TREK series at last nights game (it was a slow night, half the group couldn't turn up) I want to know what the assembled people here think of it, both as a song on it's own and as the ENTERPRISE main theme song (personally I prefer the end title music).
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

The first moment I heard that song I was shocked. No classic theme this time? But after some episodes I must admit that it fits the series quite well. It' s a kind of "friends and adventure" song. In one episodes they used it in the background played by an orchestra and it also fitted very well.

I like it and hope that the producers won't change it.

As a song on its own, I probably wouldn't even noticed it. (just not the music that I like )

"United they stand"

Originally, hated it. It's kinda grown on me since then (like fungus...)
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Thumbs up

Think it`s great!!! Really well fitting for the series and the characters and I loved it at first "sight"

Disliked it (wouldn't say hated it) at first, but it quickly grew on me and now I think it fits the show very well. I had originally hoped they were going to use that song by the Calling that they used in their US ad campaign, but that song has been so overplayed I'm glad they didn't.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I hated the idea of lyrics and soft rock on Star Trek. I wanted my fanfare...

But then I heard it... And as has been said it grows on you, like fungus. So I guess I must like it.

BTW, has anyone else found themselves humming it to themselves on the odd occasion???
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I like it fine. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I have no objections to it or particularly strong feelings about it.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I think it's great! For me to poop on!

Seriously, the Comic Dog jokes aside, I'm not very fond of it.

Thumbs up

The theme song (originally debuted in the Robin Williams' medical comedy movie, Patch Adam) written by Diane Warren (who wrote a lot of Top 30 pop songs performed by Cher, Mariah Carey, etc.) is the only thing I like about ENTERPRISE

In fact, since they're doing that awful Temporal Cold War story arc ( ) they should've used Cher's hit music "If I Could Turn Back Time" (lyrics by Diane Warren). They could do a video where Cher straddles one of the warp nacelles.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I loathed it the first time I heard it, and have since muted it every time it came on. Hah.

I like it; I think it exemplifies why I like the show so much (Enterprise going a long way towards restoring my faith in Star Trek, which had been so sorely tested with The Next Generation and Voyager). There's hope there again, and the show feels much more like Star Trek than some of the shows that actually had the words "Star Trek" in their titles.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Love Enterprise, dislike the song. We don't need a second rate cover of a second rate Rod Stewart song from a second rate Robin Williams movie. And the credits for the theme music don't belong in the opening credits, either.

On the other tentacle, the shot of Al Shepard mugging the camera is great!

Originally, hated it. It's kinda grown on me since then (like fungus...)

In fact, since they're doing that awful Temporal Cold War story arc ( ) they should've used Cher's hit music "If I Could Turn Back Time" (lyrics by Diane Warren). They could do a video where Cher straddles one of the warp nacelles.

I'm not even going to try to top these two well made points, but I'm used the song now. You know the more I think of
    the Cher angle the more it has merit...I'm wondering what she'd look like with Vulcan ears or better yet Klingon bumps!

Running for cover laughing hysterically.....
    We Fight To Enrich The Spirit. (qa' aIje'meH maSuv):House Motto.

Cool

Don't give Cher anymore plastic surgery suggestion. She might just do it.

Oh! You mean makeup.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stack View Post
    Disliked it (wouldn't say hated it) at first, but it quickly grew on me and now I think it fits the show very well. I had originally hoped they were going to use that song by the Calling that they used in their US ad campaign, but that song has been so overplayed I'm glad they didn't.
    Does anyone remember which song by The Calling that was?

And as a late comer to Enterprise (watching it now on DVD) I would like to ask, what ship you see from behind at the very end of the main title, just before NX-01 goes to warp? The one with the many engine ports?