View Poll Results: Would you use/participate in a FASA-only section on TrekRPGNet?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

24 33.80%
  • No interest

47 66.20%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would use use/participate in a FASA-only section on TrekRPGNet?

I'm totally with Mr. Stack on this one.

-- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Hey, knowledge is power. Why not make use of all we can?

Yes, even though it appears the vote is not going to be on the plus side, let alone 200...

Personally, I definitely think we need somewhere to discuss FASA content, I'm using it myself, but I doubt it needs a forum to itself. I'd make use of ideas, but never do anything FASA-specific so that makes me a no

I'm in favour of the rearrangement suggested by Dan Stack.
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Thumbs down

Gotta vote "no joy" on this one. FASA is dead to me.

Thumbs down

I also voted no.

Not that I do not like the Fasa version, it is just that I have moved on to the icon system and soon to the new system and have no desire to use or discuss the Fasa system anymore. I am even going to be getting rid most if not all of my Fasa stuff soon.

My vote was "yes" - not so much for a forum to discuss FASA exclusively, but at least for a forum where it wouldn't be considered off-topic. This site does claim to support "four Trek RPGs" (or was that a reference to the potential four Icon lines?) - I'd like to see it live up to that claim; right now, it only seems to be supporting Icon, with the caveat that Coda hasn't been around long enough for significant support material to be developed.

I must admit that much of my FASA interest would lie in converting the material to the Coda system; but the setting material is quite nice in and of itself.

Originally posted by dataweaver
    This site does claim to support "four Trek RPGs" (or was that a reference to the potential four Icon lines?) - I'd like to see it live up to that claim; right now, it only seems to be supporting Icon, with the caveat that Coda hasn't been around long enough for significant support material to be developed.
    Yes, the four Icon game lines.

Tell you what, you cover my server costs for a year and I'll give you a spiffy, shiny FASA section to use as you please.

Hell, I'll extend that offer to anyone who wants a PD section as well.

Ah, a year is a bit much. Hows about six months?
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Lightbulb No Misunderstandings...

I'm not opposed to supporting other games -- I just want to direct the resources of this free site to where they'll best be served. In that case it's currently Icon (fading fast) and Coda.

I monitor page hits and am eager to get our new DB system online to organize all this content we've accumulated. More message boards mean more DB space, mean more data storage space, more CPU cycles, and more of a cluttered interface. I don't want to do that unless people will use them.

Hence, the purpose of this thread. Thanks to everyone for their comments (good or bad).
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I don't know about FASA, but I don't think there's really a need for a Prime Directive section here. The starfleetgames.com discussion boards already has a section just for GPD (and PD1), and while I'm quite flattered that people like our game well enough to talk about every so often, I don't think we need to eat up that much resources for what's probably gonna be just an ocassional thread or three.

Besides, I don't want to think how much the server for this site costs!

Alex Chobot
    GURPS Prime Directive NetRep
    mkgarton@msn.com

Don: if there was a message board where discussions concerning FASA material was on topic, I'd be discussing some FASA material there. Said board needn't be exclusively FASA, however - just as long as people know to expect the occasional FASA-related post there. Right now, I've nowhere to go with my thoughts and questions concerning FASA Trek. Changing the (rapidly fading) Icon message boards into more generic "miscellaneous Trek RPGs" boards would accomplish that (as well as addressing Prime Directive issues), though I suspect that Icon fans might get upset about losing their "exclusiveness" status.

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by dataweaver
    Don: if there was a message board where discussions concerning FASA material was on topic, I'd be discussing some FASA material there. Said board needn't be exclusively FASA, however - just as long as people know to expect the occasional FASA-related post there. Right now, I've nowhere to go with my thoughts and questions concerning FASA Trek. Changing the (rapidly fading) Icon message boards into more generic "miscellaneous Trek RPGs" boards would accomplish that (as well as addressing Prime Directive issues), though I suspect that Icon fans might get upset about losing their "exclusiveness" status.
    Heh. ICON could be lumped in with the "miscellaneous Trek RPG's". That wouldn't bother me

I Think for the most part people want a place to talk about the FASA setting more than a place to talk about the system. And for the most part the narrators section aready has done this more than once, as well as in the Utopia sections.

My Vote: No

I personally would not use a FASA-only forum, but I appreciate the usefulness of one in the interest of Trek roleplaying unity. Many of us recall our FASATrek days with fondness. (Hey, I even recall playing Trek using rules taken from an article in Different Worlds magazine. The author extrapolated upon Heritage's Trek miniatures rules to create a nifty little game.)
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

I like Dan Stack's elaboration on Daniel Hunter's idea. I would make one change though...

Keep all Coda discussions in seperate forums, i.e.:

- Coda Systems & Mechanics
    - Coda Utopia Planitia (I've always been partial to McKinley Fleet Yards myself)
    - Narrator's Ready Room
    - Non-Coda Systems & Mechanics
    - Non-Coda Utopia Planitia

Anything I haven't mentioned I would leave as it is.

That's my 2 cents.

BTW - What do I have to do to rise above cadet?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Captain Taranis Branill
    USS Avatar CO

"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details." -Albert Einstein
    -From the dedication plaque, USS Avatar

The opinions expressed in this post are the biased and personal opinions of the author except where noted. If anything in this post offends you, feel free to ignore it and get on with your life.
    ----------------------------------------------------