View Poll Results: Would you use/participate in a FASA-only section on TrekRPGNet?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

24 33.80%
  • No interest

47 66.20%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would use use/participate in a FASA-only section on TrekRPGNet?

Question Would use use/participate in a FASA-only section on TrekRPGNet?

Okay, this is a topic that I don't currently support, but I thought I'd throw it out to you folks.

Would anyone like to see/use a section for the old FASA Star Trek RPG?

Now, before you respond, this isn't a "gee that would be a neat idea" kind of question. I want to know (via this poll), how many people would actually use it (the aforementioned board). In a perfect world I think it's a good idea too--I just don't think there are enough people out there playing the FASA system to merit such a board.

Also, while I'm not familiar with any sites, I'm sure there are some very good FASA sites out there already. (Dan G, don't you run one?) I don't want to replicate something that's being done somewhere else better.

So, bottom-line: for all you FASA fans who want an area on here to talk about FASA Trek, here's your big chance. Vote and also dig up your other FASA friends who might not visit TrekRPGNet and have them also come cast their vote. Unless I see a good number of people really want this (as opposed to a vocal few), I'm not going to do it.

Grimjack (and others), here's your chance to make your voice be heard!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I'll be honest with you, it wouldn't be a frequent thing; I've developed a fondness for Coda that I didn't think I would. But I have a wealth of FASA material and the occasional burning question that I want to ask. So my answer is a qualified "yes."
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Perrryyy Guest

Thumbs down

The only system I own is ICON, even though I'm currently not invovled in a game. I probably won't switch over to CODA, let alone "go backwards" to FASA.

Gotta vote no on this one.

OK I would probably visit and use it to an extent. it would be fun to see, but I'm still not convinced it's a necessity.

So I voted yes, because I have a nostalgic fondness for FASA, but it's not something I'd probably use much.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Nope. I didn't care for FASA's approach to the setting, and I much prefer the recent systems.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

I voted yes primarily out of a desire for a concentrated effort to update and rework the system

And I LOVE the FASA Universe for Trek. Much more than TNG anyway

And if you needed a moderator for it, I would gladly offer my services

Though DanG would probably kneecap me for the job

Chello!

I voted yes. The ony sections I look at anymore are Narrator's Ready Room, Star Trek Chat, General Chat...sometimes Spacedock. I used to do LUG, but with the release of CODA, I've started up my FASA game again.

So, I say yes.

Tony
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."

While the idea is nice, I'm going with the 'no' vote. I like the FASA enviroment, but most of the FASA stuff I have, I convert to ICON.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Actually Don. I have an ICON site, and would prefer to get my ICON stuff all posted here anyway...

I think its Dan Stack with the FASA site.

Although, I had a thought about this very subject...

For qiute some time the queries about a FASA section of the boards has been out there, but looking at the traffic on the ICON boards now that CODA has been released, I cannot really se the traffic being that heavy.

I dont use FASA myself, but I do use CODA, and would likely read the material on a FASA board for ideas.

But why not combine the two, supporting bot FASA and CODA on the same board? Hell, at that point, you could offer ANY trek gaming support, from Prime Directive, GURPS, even free-form, just label up the post as to which system and take it from there...

Kind of like your idea for the combined Utopia Planetia boards. And then there can be no confusion over the 4RPGs 1 web site motto any more.

Although, I have no desire to kneecap AslanC for the Moderators job. I have already reported him to the WOTC Gestapo for showing signs of creativity and free-thinking...

They'll do it.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

It was indeed me who maintained the FASA-Trek page once upon a time, but sadly Dan Stack's FASA-Trek page is no more.

However, the material is currently being transferred over to Dave Shneider's FASA-Trek page - I sent Dave an archive of my old page with permission to use it. Some of the TNG ship designs from my old page have already popped up.

Don, I'm not certain how important a majority vote is on this actually - I personally think numbers of yes is more important than percentage.

While we're talking forums, what about a more generic Trek roleplaying forum? We have the Narrator's forum, but what about one for players who wish to discuss roleplaying aspects of their characters, backgrounds, etc. Or possibly rolling that into the Narrator's forum, maybe renaming it.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Don, I'm not certain how important a majority vote is on this actually - I personally think numbers of yes is more important than percentage.

While we're talking forums, what about a more generic Trek roleplaying forum? We have the Narrator's forum, but what about one for players who wish to discuss roleplaying aspects of their characters, backgrounds, etc. Or possibly rolling that into the Narrator's forum, maybe renaming it.

Don,
    I agree with both the above points...
    We Fight To Enrich The Spirit. (qa' aIje'meH maSuv):House Motto.

I am looking more at hard numbers than a percentage. Put a board up for 20 people? Heck no. Put one up for 200 people? Okay, now you've got my attention.

Also, it looks like I mixed up my Dans. Sorry!

We could easily rename the Narrator's forum as a general Trek RP forum. I've always liked the idea of a special place for Narrator's to go and bounce around ideas, without wading through other stuff, however. Food for thought.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Instead of a FASA forum, why not maintain a forum specifically for alternate systems (FASA/ICON/PD1/GURPS: PD). Pretty much like Dan's suggestion, but keep the CODA stuff separate.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I think I like Captain Daniel Hunter's idea the best actually.

If you ask me, and you haven't, here's what I'd propose:

Star Trek Roleplaying Forums:
    • Coda Star Trek
    • Other System Star Trek (Icon, Prime Directive, FASA)
    • Generic Star Trek Roleplaying (i.e. systemless discussion on Trek RPGs intended both for players and narrators)
    • Narrator's Ready Room
    • Utopia Planitia
    • Spacedock
    • Open Special Projects

Then keep the current General Chat and Star Trek chat forums as-is.

Same number of forums as before.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    If you ask me, and you haven't, here's what I'd propose:
    STII references aside, I think this thread is sufficient example that I'm looking for more input.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew