Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SRM's Question

SRM's Question

I'm just curious as to the lineup of SRM releases beyond the Romulan one. Is there an official (or semi-official) place where I can look to find this out? I'm interested in particular in ships of the Gamma Quadrant. Any help is appreciated!

-Darth Charming
    "Oh what a goofy work is man!"-The Tick

The official place to look is here.

In theory, the next SRM beyond Romulans would be Space Stations and Starbases. However, I've barely done any work on it at all, and given my current responsibilities with Hero Games, it's unlikely that I'll do any work on it for some time to come. It'll have to wait until the bug to work on it bites me. (In any event, I figure the advent of the Decipher Trek RPG has sort of diminished interest in my SRMs anyways.)

Assuming SS&SBs ever gets done, beyond that there are at least five I'd like to do: Miscellaneous Species, Gamma Quadrant, Ferengi, Delta Quadrant, and Borg. I have no particular order in mind for them, though I suspect Miscellaneous Species would come first.

Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Breen SRM

Any chance of a Breen SRM, you've given a wide range of class designations in the Dominan War Sourcebook, but only Spacedock stats for 3 of them. Any chance of one specific to them?
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

Originally posted by Steve Long
    (In any event, I figure the advent of the Decipher Trek RPG has sort of diminished interest in my SRMs anyways.)
    Steve Long

Couldn't disagree more, Steve!!! We use your SRM's and Space Dock on a regular basis and appreciate the time and effort you've put into them. Good job!
    Freedom is a package deal - with it comes responsibilities and consequences.<BR>
    <B>England forever!!! Scotland just a <i>wee</i> bit longer.</B>

Spacedock is a far more detailed starship system than any I've seen so far, and I don't think many gaming companies would consider such a project. Kudos to you for going the extra distance - I know I appreciate it!
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Originally posted by Capt.Hunter
    Spacedock is a far more detailed starship system than any I've seen so far, and I don't think many gaming companies would consider such a project. Kudos to you for going the extra distance - I know I appreciate it!
    Which actually brings us to the useful question of adapting Spacedock for use with the Coda rules. I've really only begun to consider how to convert the bonuses and target numbers back and forth--has anybody else done anything with this? It seems to me that the necessary information could be done in one page, since much of the Spacedock system could be treated as an add-on to the basic game mechanics.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Thanx for the kind words, guys!

Any chance of a Breen SRM, you've given a wide range of class designations in the Dominan War Sourcebook, but only Spacedock stats for 3 of them. Any chance of one specific to them?
    I can't see doing an entire book on the Breen. I'd like to have a bit more of a framework, either technical or cultural, on which to weave so large a tapestry. What's more likely is a Breen section in the SRM: Miscellaneous Species.
    Steve Long

Originally posted by Erik Filean

Which actually brings us to the useful question of adapting Spacedock for use with the Coda rules. I've really only begun to consider how to convert the bonuses and target numbers back and forth--has anybody else done anything with this? It seems to me that the necessary information could be done in one page, since much of the Spacedock system could be treated as an add-on to the basic game mechanics.

I too am interested in this info, since I haven't a frelling clue where to start myself.

Now Steve. Thats not fair.

You cant tout a whole new set of rules for Station Creation, and list a set of books that you want to do. And then say that one of the more interesting species would be likely to appear in one of those books.

And then say that were not interested!

Look down. Thats collective drool at the concepts.

OK, heres a sick bag. But only because you asked nice...

For my money, I am always interested in these... Even the TOS SRM that has caused a massive re-write in the USS Venture lineage to occur.

So give us the Space Stations, the miscellaneous ships and the Gamma Quadrant/Dominion ships...

Trust us, we like. Even in your own time...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Spacedock

I don't think the release of the new Coda system has changed much; I personally have no intention of making the change to Coda (which has nothing to do with the game itself: I've just invested too much in Icon).

I love Spacedock and the SRMs. I don't think anyone could've been happier with them (short of them being actual print books). I've downloaded, and will continue to download, every e-book in this line, and none has disappointed.

So thanks, for all the books done so far, and thanks for any books you do in the future!

-Darth Charming
    "Oh what a goofy work is man!"-The Tick

Steve, Steve, Steve -- you are killing me man! Hey, I'm buying the Coda stuff, it's pretty and has some cool features but I didn't switch my game from the LUG/Space Dock mechanics because a) There isn't enough Coda material out to support the cross over as yet, b) I LOVE space dock.

I *really* *really* want that Space Station book you announced was in the pipe -- I want it so much I'll even make a deal with you, you put out Space Station book I'll go buy a copy of your new edition of the Hero System (I have the older ones so it wasn't so much an issue for me).

Either way, the release of Coda has in no way distracted me from the Holy Goodness that is Space Dock.

Can I have dibs on doing the layout for the stations book? pleeeease?ˇ
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Sure, Chris. But don't worry about having to set any time aside for it anytime soon.
    Steve Long

:scratches his head, looking thoughtfull:

IIRC I called dibs on the station book. As this was about a year ago Steve probably just forgot about it. But if you are so desparate to do it Chris, I won't press the point.

Y'know, you did, and I completely forgot. My apologies! Sorry, Chris.

Maybe we should have a Texas Death Cage Layout Match.
    Steve Long