Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romulan SRM

Originally posted by Steve Long
    52 disruptor banks. Well, there go my SU restrictions -- unless we can assume most of 'em are low-grade weapons or something.
    There go your SU restrictions and any semblance of a sense of proportion. Sheesh, I think 20 disruptors, or even 15, would have gotten the point across that the thing is a battlewagon. No wonder I'm eyeing the TOS era more and more for my games--between this and "Endgame," the post-DW TNG era is killing itself with technological excess.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

My last query is out of the 21 Military Ships, is there a ship thats primary role would planetary invasion?
    Offhand, I honestly don't recall. It's been at least a year since I wrote the book, and there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then.

My general thoughts on the subject of planetary invasions and such can be found in the Dominion War Sourcebook, though.

Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Originally posted by General Velal
    My last query is out of the 21 Military Ships, is there a ship thats primary role would planetary invasion?
    Steve, hope you don't mind, but I'll answer that-

Ok, we have 1 Dreadnought, 4 Warbirds, 2 Starbirds (explorers) 3 cruisers, 3 frigates, 1 BOP, 2 Gunships, 2 scouts, 1 research ship, 1 courier, and 1 armored transport (this would be your drop-ship for 12 people).

Velal, you ask a lot of questions (you sure this is the last one ). Welcome to the boards.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Smile Ask and you shall know

Hi Phoenix

Well!

Heres more questions for you!

How did you know the breakdown of the ship types?

4 Warbirds?

Just variants on the basic D'Deridex class Warbird or new ships that class as "warbirds"?

In a similar area, is Decipher bringing out Trek Ship Minature rules? It would sell, given the popularity of SFB etc.

To explain the questions-

I have been working on my own humble campaign/sourcebook for the Romulan Star Empire in 2378 (Post Nemesis)

Unless Enterprise throws a big curve ball in Romulan history-I safely can create a near canon setting without constant disruption from an ongoing series An area that intrigued me was this Romulan-Breen rivalry.

DS9 has had two distinct "lines" in the later seasons indicating that there is some serious issues between these two.

"Never Trust a Breen" A Romulan saying.

The Breen Leader demands as "Payment" for his help to the Dominion, rulership of Earth and Romulus.

Then Way of D'era places the Breen on the Romulan Empire borders (Canon?)

In any case, I never felt the way the Breen got "Let off" in the resolution of the Dominion war-would sit with vindictive Romulans and Vengeful Klingons. Considering The Romulans hold grudges for centuries (Earth Romulan war!)

I could see the Romulans invading Breen Space-with a good chance of success-Feds -recovering and want to improve relations with Roms-stay out-Klingons really got hammered and have no love for the Breen, stay out.

Yikes! Sorry-off topic-well anyway need good Rom ship designs
    so came in search of the Rom SRM!
    "To be honest, my opinion of starfleet officers is so low. You would have to work very hard indeed, to disappoint me."

Senator Vreenak to Sisko.

Phoenix, if you want to go on providing details like that if you want; I'm pressed for time right now (pre-GenCon, dontcha know) and can't answer as specifically as I'd like sometimes.

Velal, Decipher has plans for a ship minis game called Engage!. It's been something that's been in the works since the old Last Unicorn days. However, that's literally all I can tell you. I have no idea if they still want to do the product, and if so, when.

Our location of Breen on the borders of Romulan space isn't canon AFAIK, though I think only Ross could say for sure. It was, IIRC, our logical extrapolation -- if the Romulans know them well enough to have sayings about them, it seems likely there's been a lot of contact between them (and not just military, either). That would seem to indicate proximity.

Steve Long

Re: Ask and you shall know

Originally posted by General Velal

To explain the questions-

I have been working on my own humble campaign/sourcebook for the Romulan Star Empire in 2378 (Post Nemesis)

[/B]
    Would like to see what you have written up. I am a pretty devote Romulan Fan and have some ideas on where the Star Empire goes from here. Also know about 20 other romulan players that would welcome new ideas.
    HHirl i'Luruth tr'Kiev-erei'Enriov AQSG Romulan Division http://www.gnx12.dial.pipex.com/AQSG/
    Dimitri Valjean -Colonel AQSG Maquis Division http://www.angelfire.com/fl/switala/valjean/valjean.html
    Moderator Romulan Jolan'Tru Group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jolantru/

Hi HHIRL

I shall post it in a new thread called "Velals Romulan Campaign"
    in the Narrators ready room

Thanks for the interest
    "To be honest, my opinion of starfleet officers is so low. You would have to work very hard indeed, to disappoint me."

Senator Vreenak to Sisko.

Phoenix gets the info (I think) the same way I do - we testread the manuscript for Steve, so we get to look at the juicy new stuff before anyone else!

Steve, the SU restrictions for the Scimitar may be screwed, but that didn't stop you with the Negh'var - just class her as a unique vessel that can ignore standard SU restrictions.

The other Warbirds are different classes from the D'deridex, although she's still the main ship-of-the-line. So we have Strike Warbirds, Swift Warbirds, etcetera. I like the Starbirds myself - think Romulan versions of the Intrepid as compared to the Galaxy-Classes. And yes, I've already kitbashed myself a version of the T'rasus-Class Starbird from a Micromachine D'deridex...

For those of you with Way of D'era, all of the ships from there are in the SRM, so you will have piccies of them from the foldout poster. That's how I knew what the T'rasus looked like!
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Steve, the SU restrictions for the Scimitar may be screwed, but that didn't stop you with the Negh'var - just class her as a unique vessel that can ignore standard SU restrictions.
    Yeah, that was pretty much my plan.

Though of course, we have yet to see any of this on the screen. It may all change by the time the editors are done. The script I read for Fellowship Of The Ring a year ago was different in many tiny ways from what I eventually saw on the screen last December.
    Steve Long

ships from dera mentioned not shown

alot of the ships from the d'era boxed set i found rolled up and with cool pictures included in one of the links at trekrpg main site

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Simple explanation for 52 disruptors

Here's a non-SU budget busting explanation for all the disruptors aboard the new bad-guy ship. It's how they get really wide firing arcs and rates of fire. Just like pulse-phasers on a Fed ship are mounted in pairs, an array of multiple disruptors cannon are simulated by a single big Spacedock disruptor array.
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper