Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don's Coda Sheet/Form v3!

Originally posted by agdiv
    that "Bad CRC" error is back!!
    I got the same error, running both Stuffit Expander 6.5.1 and ZipIt 1.4 on MacOS 8.6
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

I have been having trouble with it as well....
    There was a time when people actually cared how they appeared on a moral and ethical basis to others.....

I have the same problems.

I also get the bad CRC. It looks like the zip directory is okay, because I see the file in the archive. It's when I try to extract it that WinZip complains.

Strange. I'll look into it. Thank you everyone for pointing this out!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I have the same problem:

"Bad CRC 91cf71cc (should be d23928d7)" says Winzip
    "the road goes ever on and on" Bilbo Baggins

ditto
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Sorry. I forgot to fix this (the bad file) prior to my hiatus over the weekend. I'll try to rectify the situation in the next 24 hours.

I love you all.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Don Mappin
    I love you all.
    Awww

We love you too, Don!

* GROUP HUG *

Bug

Hi and thx (for everything).
    I've got the CRC error too and another one, on the pdf sheet (not the form) :
    each time I try to open it with Acorbat Reader 5.05 (patched), this message appears : "Too few operands" and then this one : "Unrecognized token '1k59375' ".
    Njxt
    "Be nice, I'm new to a lot of things"

Tried to download sheet. No joy. From what I could see, looks cool. I'll try again in a few days.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

I love you all.
    But Don, we just met at GenCon... This is sudden...
    They keep telling me that the beat's going to get me, so I'm avoiding the beat at all costs!!

First off, I like the character sheet very much, thanks for making it. However, this line in the thread grabbed me...

3) There is way too much space for Flaws compared to Edges (characters are more apt to have many of the latter and few of the former).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinion.
    Er, as far as I can see, it's a pretty sensible opinion that the rules keep to a /lot/. If one is following the Coda Players Handbook, then a starting character /has/ to have more edges than flaws. A progressing character can buy all manner of edges, but aquiring flaws in game seems highly irregular: the Enemy and Rival flaws mention that they are not given out in the middle of a campaign to mark the fact that you have aquired one through roleplaying. From the Rival flaw, page 143...

"Starting feuds with NPCs should not result in a new Rival flaw; if the crew angers a fellow shipmate, the characters should not recieve the benefits of appropriate levels of Rival to reflect these story events. On the other hand, should the crew wish to develop this to the level of Rival, the narrator should grant the player an extra edge."

The Enemy entry says pretty much the same thing, but rephrased to refer to Romulan senators and the like. In other words, flaws being given out mid campaign is unusual, so most players will not have more than two. Even if they do get one, then it is said that the Narrator should grant an extra edge to make up for it, which means that the "Edges Always Outnumber Flaws" rule is kept intact.

More realistically, from the flaws provided in the Players Handbook, few seem appropriate to gain over the course of a game: Enemy, Rival and Addiction seem the most practical ones. A battle wound could leave you Easilly Winded, or a scar could give you a Familiar face.... but as hinted at in the Enemy and Rival entries, Edges are supposed to be given when the characters obtain new flaws.

Of course, it's up to each Narrator exactly how they run their game, and not everyone uses the rules exactly as is: in almost every RPG I've ever played, we've never used the combat system properly, because they're always a bit too complex. ;-) However, the rules would seem to clearly indicate that a character's Edges should out number his flaws slightly at creation, and possibly far more so as he advances.

But again, I reiterate: I like your character sheet. I just didn't think dismissing the Edge/Flaw thing as "opinion" could go unmentioned. ;-)

Unhappy

Errr ... Don?
    There's something wrong with the files again ...
    The zip file for the form version gives a "CRC error" and the pdf file for the sheet version is just plain unusable under acrobat (plenty of errors, only 10% of it will display).
    Help us Don, you're our only hope!
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Hi, Don.

I tried to download the sheet again. I got a couple of error statements: "wrong number of arguments for a setcolor operator";"too few operands". I hope this helps.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.